Lubeing guns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lubeing guns.

Right, ive managed to get some silicone oil, and Ive soaked by l96 bolt in it:D (not literally.)

But was wondering where I could apply some in my mp5, if anywhere. Also, my socom, is there any need? Its non-blowback, so no lube is needed in the slide rails. And the gas lubes in the internalls anyway, so is there anywhere I should apply it?

Cheers.

Re: Lubeing guns.

In the socom trigger mech and anything rubber.

In the mp5, the hop rubber, and the "O" ring. Don't put any on the gears, silicone isn't a metal-to-metal lubricant.

Comment

Thanks. Socom is much more smoother now.

Comment

Probably a dumb question but, is there any differene between silicone spray and silicone oil?
        You miss every shot you don't take.

Comment

yes. Once spray..ones oil! :D I think spray is more diluted, oil sticks better. I found spray much much easier to apply.

Comment

as ive just read what youve done to your bolt, i must stress the point kos made at the end of his post.
            silicone based lubricant must under no circumstances be used to lubricate any metal to metal components as it actually increases wear if used, use on plastics only
            m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

On my socom i take the top slide off and just coat everything i can see in spray. This will not do any harm to the gun if you think you have sprayed too much. It will make a much smoother trigger pull and is very noticeable.

Hope that helps

Comment

so what should i put on my bar 10 bolt? a thin layer of grease? and on a bolt action rifle what needs lubing?

Comment

if your bolt is metal to metal then castrol lm grease is good ,or for a dryish lube that wont pick up dust then dry slide or molybenum base lube.
                  any gun shop will supply these just tell them its for metal to metal contact
                  m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Originally posted by sniperiain View Post
                    so what should i put on my bar 10 bolt? a thin layer of grease? and on a bolt action rifle what needs lubing?
                    I put a thin layer of gearse on the outside of my BAR-10 bolt, AFTER cleaning it thouroughly.

On the inside, silicone spray the O ring, and lightly grease the inside of the cylinder, the inside of the piston, and the spring guide.

Comment

cheers guys. would tractor grease be ok?

Comment

No idea. But, always play on the safe side, use lithium grease.

Comment

hmm whats special about that then? i never knew there were different greases? i thought grease was grease? but now i think about it are some better quality than others?

Comment

Kind of. More like, some corrode rubber, some dont. WD-40, for instance, will eat everything made of rubber. Not good in any airsoft gun.

Comment

i seee so a rubber friendly grease? but i imagine tractor greese would be? theres rubber seal around so grease nipples i think?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                              Working...
                              X