Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sellers adding fees for accepting Paypal

I hate Paypal and dont hide the fact.

One thing i cannot understand with some sellers is that if they offer Paypoo as their ONLY payment method and then say PLUS FEES i really dont think thats fair on the buyer-its the seller thats demanding payment by Paypoo and not the buyer.I for one most certainly will not pay these fees and would prefer to pay by other means- BUT if these sellers really have to add the fees then why not add them to the price of the item to begin with,thus not putting potential buyers off-or is this just me??:D:D:D:D:D

Re: Sellers adding fees for accepting Paypoo

report the seller to Paypal. it is against the T&C's for a seller to demand the buyer to pay fee's.
    Originally posted by richardy
    Its like preying to the mechbox gods, but preying to the angel of alignment, give us speedy and safe entry into the 1st tooth of life.
    Amen.
    Originally posted by midas
    lol....Oh forgive me gun tech for I have sinned....

Comment

its just how it is...

there's no getting rounds the fact you are going to have to pay them one way or another.

you wouldnt like it if you sold something for £300 and only got £280. its just not cool.... plus i'd say its one of the faster ways of paying besides cash in hand. and personally i dont mind paying the extra, its never that much unless your buying something expensive....

and regarding reporting the seller, i think if you go down that root alot of people on the forums will be in trouble including me unfortunately.
      Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
      I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

What I never see the point of, is why even bother separating it, just work out how much you want to come away with for the item, add the P&P&P and put that as the price.
        Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 21 July, 2010, 08:23.

Comment

Originally posted by unnamedone View Post
          report the seller to Paypal. it is against the T&C's for a seller to demand the buyer to pay fee's.
          what terms and conditions? theres no specific laws or regulations on here about what you charge, just the way you go about doing so.

i dont mind paying the paypal fees, especially if it means both the buyer and seller have a centre point where funds go, and theres a record that funds have been changed. rather than cash in hand, the seller then turns around and says what money you gave me?

Comment

I don't see the point, and will not buy from a seller that does this. I am not interested in looking at an item for £5 plus £5 pnp, plus 4%, or £5 plus postage and paypal, just list the thing for £10 all in.

When I sell I just put a price. I have already worked out what I would like to get, factor in paypal's % and also the postage costs. I believe in making it 100% easy for a buyer to buy from me. One price all in, you want to pay it pay it, you want to bargain bargain, but I am not going to overcharge for pnp or stick a random % on top for paypal
            Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

Originally posted by bigshep View Post
              I don't see the point, and will not buy from a seller that does this. I am not interested in looking at an item for £5 plus £5 pnp, plus 4%, or £5 plus postage and paypal, just list the thing for £10 all in.

When I sell I just put a price. I have already worked out what I would like to get, factor in paypal's % and also the postage costs. I believe in making it 100% easy for a buyer to buy from me. One price all in, you want to pay it pay it, you want to bargain bargain, but I am not going to overcharge for pnp or stick a random % on top for paypal
              so you dont mind if you pay the same amount, you just dont want to be told how much of your money goes towards each bit?

Most sellers do list the item at the whole price without going into much detail. but what if the buyer collects and pays in cash? do you still charge them what would have been the paypal fee? and the postage?

Comment

No Most list a Delivery cost and a Pick up cost if the price was all in (well I do)

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                  what terms and conditions? theres no specific laws or regulations on here about what you charge, just the way you go about doing so.

i dont mind paying the paypal fees, especially if it means both the buyer and seller have a centre point where funds go, and theres a record that funds have been changed. rather than cash in hand, the seller then turns around and says what money you gave me?
                  Paypals T&C's mate. taken from paypal web:

User Agreement for PayPal™ Service
                  4.6 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.
                  Originally posted by richardy
                  Its like preying to the mechbox gods, but preying to the angel of alignment, give us speedy and safe entry into the 1st tooth of life.
                  Amen.
                  Originally posted by midas
                  lol....Oh forgive me gun tech for I have sinned....

Comment

There are alot of retailers that do require charges if you use paypal, Zero One is one of them.

I haven't had any problems with paypal, and sadly I don't see why so many people do. I use it as the primary way of payment, but I tend use all in prices or with just postage to be added.

The reason alot f people use paypal is that it offers both buyer and seller protection, to a degree. It is simple if you don't want to deal with paypal don't. But I am VERY dubious of using anything else as it is too easy to rip people off.

Comment

If its against T&C's then why do paypal allow such sites as ppcalc? And when you sell at auction etc you have to pay commission both as the seller and buyer so its just the same except you are saying "I want x amount of money, you pay x amount into my paypal so i get said amount"

Its a simple fact that some people like to try and get the same as they would for bank transfer or cash but 99% of buyers like to use paypal for the fact it protects them that little bit better than a bank transfer etc.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

I dont charge any paypal charges and the postage fees are included too. I prefer also to do my deals in person. I deliver in person and not the other way round.

For small items I will post, I cover the cost of postage in the item. Conversely I don't reduce the items price either. Sometimes I win sometimes I lose.

The reasons are twofold. Firstly, as said above regardless of what other people or companies do, it is against paypal T&Cs but no one else seems to report that fact to Paypal, they just pay up. Usually because they want the item regardless and dont want to see the sale slip away.

Secondly, If I deliver in person it saves me postage and paypal fees, as I receive cash in hand. Also the buyer gets to see/handle the items before purchase.

A surcharge could be added for time and packaging costs but I suppose it is just easy to say add 4% paypal charges.

But on a £250 gun would you packing charges be £10.16p?

You could also think of it another way. If you were to place a £250 gun in an auction. you are charged to place it in said auction and then charge a commision for selling it. transferring the fees to the buyer is a way of getting out of those charges.

And I agree with Terry. If it is the ONLY method offered then no charges should be levied.
                        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
                          I dont charge any paypal charges and the postage fees are included too. I prefer also to do my deals in person. I deliver in person and not the other way round.

For small items I will post, I cover the cost of postage in the item. Conversely I don't reduce the items price either. Sometimes I win sometimes I lose.

The reasons are twofold. Firstly, as said above regardless of what other people or companies do, it is against paypal T&Cs but no one else seems to report that fact to Paypal, they just pay up. Usually because they want the item regardless and dont want to see the sale slip away.

Secondly, If I deliver in person it saves me postage and paypal fees, as I receive cash in hand. Also the buyer gets to see/handle the items before purchase.

A surcharge could be added for time and packaging costs but I suppose it is just easy to say add 4% paypal charges.

But on a £250 gun would you packing charges be £10.16p?

You could also think of it another way. If you were to place a £250 gun in an auction. you are charged to place it in said auction and then charge a commision for selling it. transferring the fees to the buyer is a way of getting out of those charges.

And I agree with Terry. If it is the ONLY method offered then no charges should be levied.

Paypoo fees do suck for the seller I 1000% agree but please if you must add the 4% or whatever it is then please include them in your asking price-at least that way theyre hidden

That way the seller is getting the same amount but it doesnt look as if they are forcing the buyer to pay extra for a method of payment THEY insist on.

Didnt mean to start a war regarding this just one of my pet hates

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                            so you dont mind if you pay the same amount, you just dont want to be told how much of your money goes towards each bit?

Most sellers do list the item at the whole price without going into much detail. but what if the buyer collects and pays in cash? do you still charge them what would have been the paypal fee? and the postage?
                            Actually I do discount if the buyer collects. I know how much an aeg is to ship and knock that off the price for collection. I know an aeg is around £12 to ship, so knock off £15 if you collect. I don't discount if I deliver as its my fuel and time. I have also sent stuff that cost an arm and a leg as I did not factor weight propperly (PLCE set). I sold at a price so that mistake is mine, I did not ask for more. All my sales are made with lots of communication as my feedback will attest. Do I micromanage, no I do not, so I do not calculate to exact 1p wether or not my £15 discout for collection is pnp plus 4% paypal. I discuss with my buyer and offer that, they say yes or no and we work it out. This is a sale forum working on honesty and communication.
                            Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

I suppose at the end of the day it will all boil down to whether the person is prepared to pay x amount for the item. If not, then the seller would just readjust his goalpost slightly.

I must admit I tend to shy away from sales involving paypal charges. But if a rare item came along, then what would I do? I think i would bite the bullet and pay, however much I dont like it.
                              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Terry Mcann Find out more about Terry Mcann
                              Working...
                              X