For the new guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the new guys!

Hi, Id thought Id post this up for the new guys to airsoft and the peeps who may not know.
    As most seasoned players will know, when you own an Eotech (real or clone) it is very very worth getting an Eotech lense protector for them, I however didnt, more to do with I didnt actually believe a small plastic pellet could be quite so um devastating, so for the peeps out there who like me dont believe it, or for the peeps who dont know Iv added a couple of pictures to prove what happens if you dont use the lense protector.
    Its a really random thread I know, but I hope it does help someone save some cash in the future.

Thanks and I hope it saves some heartbreak.
    P.S this was at a CQB site where the limits are 350fps, however most guys were not chronoing at that and most had come under the 330 mark.
    Sean (and his very broken Eotech (clone thankgod))
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Re: For the new guys!

You have Just convinced me to buy a protective lens, il also check if they do them for scopes.
    At first I thought it was a dragonfly attacking you lol???

Comment

A kill flash will work on a scope, however I have had BB strikes on my scope and no cracks, chips or anything but better safe than sorry. Glad Iv saved you some money mate.
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

thats nothing ill get some pics up of my reflex sight with was shot by m16 315 fps from 40 feet away

Comment

i said this just last week and got a reply " you do realise there just plastic balls "
          well hope he reads this
          good thread ss1

Comment

My point is proved and the reasons why I posted, I was in the mindset of what damage could a plastic ball do do 3mm thick glass? Unfortunatly I paid no attention as a lot of airsoft at times is hearsay (not the cheesy pop group)and doom talk, and I had had strikes to my other Eotech and nothing happened, but this proves it can happen and does happen, Im not that bothered as I paid nothing for the Eotech, it came with a CA Scar L I bought from a mate for 150quid, but others might not be so fortunate, so I thought as a good deed was to actually prove it and try and prevent someone else falling into the same mindset/trap as I did.

Comment

On the "Show us your gun thread" Kingwell has a rather expensive looking night site. i said to him are you not worried about the glass He replyed "no"
              Fair do's to him for that. Its the fact that other people come and say it will never break.
              I had a maruzen mini uzi gbb it cracked my double glazing from 10 feet away..
              6mils do have alot of power behind them just people dont seem to realise how much..
              When they hit scin there force is slowed down gradually..
              But hitting a flat solid object thats already under pressure is diffrent all together..

Comment

Look at it this way. It has cost you money, as you now have to replace it. Good advice though never tempt the devil. I ordered one about 4 days ago.

As for scopes the cheap plastic tinted shades you get with them will sto a bb damaging your scopes too. Cheaper than damaging a Killflash as wellp
                Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                  A kill flash will work on a scope, however I have had BB strikes on my scope and no cracks, chips or anything but better safe than sorry. Glad Iv saved you some money mate.
                  Scopes tend to be more resistant to impact than holosights because they have a curved lens. All the same, never underestimate how powerful these guns are. My M4 AEG happily puts huge holes through the side of my shed from the other end of the garden :D

Comment

Either thats one hot gun, or the shed is made from very thin material :D
                    I have a wooden shed covered in dents from where I shoot it. lol.

Comment

I am glad that wasn't your eye mate. The Holo sight took the brunt of what looks like a very 'hot' shot, or was just fragile enough to break anyway.
                      sigpic
                      http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Comment

And old guys alike!

You reminded me to get a lense protector for my torch.
                        Thanks

(bought it)

Comment

which make n model eotech is it, are you gonna throw it away? can i have it if its a 551?
                          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

The gun defo wasnt hot, the cronoing at the site is very strict indeed, it was quite close range though so would have had full force behind it.
                            The Eotech is a typical clone, unknown make, but not the worse clone Iv seen really, it has been kryloned by the owner before but has the usual marking on the side "FOR LAW INFORCEMENT USE ONLY". Im not sure what Im gonna do with it at the moment as its still useable (ish) and still works.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

seansamurai1 Over the 30 mark but not over the hill yet!!! Find out more about seansamurai1
                            Working...
                            X