GBB viable in woodland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBB viable in woodland?

Hi all, long time lurker... first time poster.

I'm looking to start playing but only have a gbb as I sold my aeg prior to the VCR bill arriving. I realise it makes more sense to play urban if you are using a pistol as your primary weapon, although the scope of woodland game personally appeals more (plus I'm far too good looking to risk close-quarter accidents :D). So, is it even viable to use a pistol only in a woodland game, or will I end up being little more than a human bb shield for my team?

Re: GBB viable in woodland?

I would be leaning more towards the cannon fodder option. You just won't have the range or mag capacity to consider pistol only. My advice would be to hire a rifle from your local site or buy a two tone and play with that until you're UKARA registered.
    If I die up in ma loft
    At least in Heaven I can ’soft

Who cares who wins
    sigpic

Comment

I take it that your GBB is a pistol?
      Not much point in woodland, you won't have enough range, accuracy, power and potential ROF to compete to a decent standard. Plus, a pistol mag will go in seconds so you'll be lugging around a tonne of BBs, gas, spare mags and fastloaders

Comment

How sneaky are you and how good a shot? I have seen plenty of people taken out by a guy who can hide and shoot. what is your GBB by the way a TM can out range AEGs in the right conditions
        Reformed Pacifist

Comment

Anyone who says you can't play effectively in woodland with a GBB pistol, has obviously never tried.

You will need:
          To be a good shot
          To use heavy BBs
          To have your GBB well set up & maintained, with the hop perfectly set
          Quite a few spare mags
          To be able to sneak
          To pick your fights & not waste ammo

It's not for everyone, and takes practice. If you can't get out of spray and pray mentality then don't even bother. You'll find if you're capable with an AEG and don't use it as a BB hose, the change will be easier.

You'll also find you'll be either helped or hindered by your site, some places lend themselves well to pistols only and some don't. GZ is a great place to use just pistols, plenty of bushes and close-up action make it much more manageable. It'll get harder as the average engagement distance increases, not impossible, just harder.

Bottom line: try it and see if it's for you. If it isn't you're just one more skirmish closer to VCRA defence

Comment

As above, it's possible, but it's kinda like a field craft oriented "one shot, one kill" sniper, takes certain skills and play styles which don't suit everyone. I've had both my mates do it for games and come out very successful.
            You could always try, at the end of the day, you'll only have to play three games like that until you get get your details registered on the UKARA database.
            Or you could rent.

Comment

Yep, as others have said it is certainly possible and it's also a lot of fun.
              Some sites are better suited than others - generally speaking, the more cover there is the easier it will be to go with a pistol only. When I started out I only had two pistols and I did okay. It helps of course that one of the pistols is a TM TacMaster running on green gass, so it's more accurate than some people's spray-and-pray AEGs and has almost the range as well! And I practiced a lot of target shooting beforehand.

Comment

yes its possible but you will feel out gunned against lots of spray and prey merchants

i use a TM 4.3 hi cappa on green and it out ranges many aegs

and its accurate even if i cannot shoot straight

i am happy in woodland with mine :D

Comment

Heres an original answer that no one gives. Do what the hell you want!

Seriously pistol games are ran all the time in woodland, its generally someone with a pistol and a couple of mags, take BB's, Gas etc out with you in a pouch, the idea is to be sneaky and get in close and also remain light so you can run like hell if you get spotted to avoid being lit up.

Chances are you will get lit up a fair bit but at the end of the day it can make for an interesting day to see just how many kills you can get with a pistol. Most guys seem to get quite a good amount with only a pistol as they are generally deeper into enemy ranks etc.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Gbb and rubber knife... the ultimate real man old spice combo! PAH PAH PAH PAH PAH PAH POWER!
                    Xadin {sha'din} Monkey

Next skirmish: GZ Woodland TBA

Comment

Ghillie, grenades and a pistol would be fun... Just get stuck in doing hit and run raids or ambushes.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                        Ghillie, grenades and a pistol would be fun... Just get stuck in doing hit and run raids or ambushes.
                        I can imagine that being a right laugh, I might have to try a game with ghillie, pistol, rubber knife and a tonne of smoke nades :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                        X