whats better...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats better...

..... buying a pro two tone and spraying once youve got the ukara or spend on the hire cost (75quid for the three sessions) and then buy a realistic after getting the ukara?

just trying to weigh up my options as im not a rich man...

Re: whats better....

If you rent first you get a good feel for the game, also 2tones arent the most accepted form of weapon. Personally Id rent first, I assume you are over 18 aswell, which means 3 meets in not less than 2 months but within a year, so you have a year basically to save up for your own RIF. Or even buy second hand when you are registered. Patience is a virtue, and pays off in this sport.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

some sites (not sure on name!) are doing a scheme where due to them owning a shop as well, you hire it until you have ukara, then pay the rest!
      So decent aeg for starting = 150 ish?
      so you get it half price kinda..
      "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

That site would be ahem Hoooowwwwwwwlllllll
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Be a rental boy :-)
          www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Raguri View Post
            some sites (not sure on name!) are doing a scheme where due to them owning a shop as well, you hire it until you have ukara, then pay the rest!
            So decent aeg for starting = 150 ish?
            so you get it half price kinda..
            Yup. You buy it, they hold it for you and give it to you every session until you're registered then you just walk away with it. In all honesty it's not a bad scheme, it'll save you £75 on renting and if you bought a really nice gun, you'll have a beast weapon from your first session

Comment

yer such as any tm or src

Comment

urban assult, upwood, is my local site, i dont know if they do that scheme but ive emailed them about it, we'll see in the morning what they say....

Comment

At the end of a day, a sprayed up two tone will always look inferior. Paint rubs quickly in high wear areas, and your new found tactical look will soon have bright green poking through!

Best option in my opinion is to buy a two tone from the forums, for £80 - £100. Do your games and gain the defence. Then you can sell the two tone back on here, maybe only losing £20 - £30 over all. By then you should have a good idea of what you might like, and be able to make a good purchase for a realistic weapon!

Comment

if you have mates that play, you could borrow a gun, don't get a two tone though, youll probably hate it after having it for a short period of time and get a new one anyway.

Comment

Or when you do the paintjob, do it properly :-)
                      www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

Doing it proper don't stop scratches on the high points!

Comment

no it will still scratch my dad works for a body shop and hes the painter there and he did a pro job on my shottie and it still scratchs so you can see two tone
                          easy way is to get cheap body and stock if m4 like i did .i got tm body and G&P stock and tube for £25 .cheaper than all the paint that should be used

Comment

Originally posted by Ells View Post
                            if you have mates that play, you could borrow a gun
                            i dont that are already ukara, me and a mate from work are taking this up together so we dont have to billy-no-mates it, so if he gets one before me, he'll be using it...

i think ill hire.....

just been looking and my local site does evening games, for £20 inc the hire (£10 for walk on), three of them would still count for the ukara or do they have to be full day games?

Comment

Any skirmish day, whether daylight or evening is still a skirmish, and regardless of length of day.
                              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Canonfodder Hi im Chris, 29, ive got a wife & 3 kids (5,5,3), im a Photographer by day, security guard by night Find out more about Canonfodder
                              Working...
                              X