Scope for an MC51

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scope for an MC51

Hi everyone, should hopefully be getting myself a lovely looking MC51 (but with a solid stock for large batteries but that's beside the point) and i'm starting to think about getting myself a nice sight for it.

So far i'm thinking, either, i can get an acog, an elcan or an elcan DR spectre.

They're all fixed mag (The spectre i'm looking at can switch between 1 and 4x but i doubt i'd use it that much) and should have a reasonable compramise between target aquisition and being able to lend some help for longer range shots.

As far as i can tell it's mostly looks that are the difference between them as i'd probably be getting a clone, although the spectre is twice the price, but damn it looks pretty.

So anyway, opinions and any pictures please.

Mark
    Acog
    40.00%
    Elcan
    0.00%
    Elcan Spectre DR
    35.00%
    Other (please state)
    25.00%

Re: Scope for an MC51

Defo the specter as its quite a small gun, you dont really want a massive sight like the ELCAN. The ACOG does look good on a HK53/33 but ACOGS are way too common so id gor for the Specter personally.
    sigpic

Comment

thar you goes
      with
      bsa red dot
      acog
      elcan
      multi reticule sight
      trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

None of those look quite right to me, id get an Aimpoint

Comment

have you seen the ultimate force episode where they are in zimbabwe, (season 3) hennos sight on his mc51 looks awsum.

Comment

look for walther sights. i think they do a claw mount one for mp5/g3 etc.

Comment

It also has a slightly extended barrell on it the one i'm looking at which makes it look i abit more balanced with the extra size of the scopes. Thanks ste for the mock ups, they somehow seem to look a lot better than i managed on there.

So far i'm leaning towards the acog i think, the elcan is a bit too bulky and i don't know if i could bare to part with enough money to get a spectre. Acogs are a bit boring but it does look nice...

But now to try and google this ultimate force sight and try to identify, if it's as cool as you say i might have another contender.

Thanks for the input guys

Mark

Comment

Have thought about the walther 2x red dot, got one on my m4 right now though and i don't like to get the same things a've already had...

Mark

Comment

i'd say stick with iron sights. IMO the looks of this gun are already disproportionate and a sight would knock it even more off balance in terms of looks.

off course this point is purely based on visual features and NOT performance.
                  Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
                  I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

Originally posted by nick View Post
                    have you seen the ultimate force episode where they are in zimbabwe, (season 3) hennos sight on his mc51 looks awsum.

its a aimpoint.
                    the hendsolt replicas look nice.
                    ask pantopes if he still has the picture of it on his g3
                    trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Definitely an aimpoint. You ain't gonna want 4x magnification on that gun... or most aegs really, but thats beside the point and an arguement for another thread Aimpoints are lovely sights, easy to use and the batteries are really really cheap. It is a heavy sight though, so i only use it when i need it. Use an mp5 low mount as well, the tm qd claw mounts have a tendancy to pop off, especially if you have a metal body.

The Hendsolts are lovely looking things, but at £150 with the mount...

Comment

I have the G&G version of the MC51. I've got an RIS on the front which changes the look slightly, but I'd say an Aimpoint is the way to go too.

Mine:

102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mark1989 Find out more about mark1989
                        Working...
                        X