• Show
Clear All

• Lipo

looking at buying a gun, these are the internal upgrades
    Systema M100,
    Systema Spring guide
    Systema bushes
    Madbull 6.03 barrel

Its a tm, yet there running a 11.1v lipo, can that really be doing it any good, and can i just take the lipo out and add a normal battery
    sigpic

Re: Lipo

Yeah just replace it with a 7.4v lipo for longevity and reliability.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

its rear wiered, to a madbull ace stock. any batterys you could recomend that would fit. and also iv heard there are dangers of using lipos, what are they
      sigpic

Comment

Ooh, well you're looking at a 7.4v stock tube lipo, do some googling!

The dangers are simply the same as any other Ni-Cad or NI-MH battery in that they can burn and explode; the danger of an 11.1v lipo is that it can rip the internals in half.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

You may find the following useful... has a ton of info about lipos which I had found useful in deciding not to use them, lol.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209187
          Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
          Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

Lipos are a no for me then lol can I just swap it for a normal battery (non lipo) without any internal changes
            sigpic

Comment

You really need to read up on Lipo's a hell of a lot more than just that thread, which is 2 years old anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j32sugI98bc

And the answer would be no, you'd have to get a crane stock at the minimum.

Comment

Yep what I meant was if I got a normal ni-cd battery (I think that's what there called) that would fit the crane stock, could I just replace it. Ie does anything otherthan the battery need changing for the swich from lipo
                sigpic

Comment

No it'd be fine.

Ni-Cad's are the older batteries which would require discharge after use.

Ni-Mh's are the newer ones > providing you get one which fits in the crane/ full stock, you'll be fine w/o modifying anything internally.

Comment

Whats the reason for switiching from Li Po to Nimh? Most people are going the other way.
                    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Before you dismiss them remember all modern laptops, mobiles and mp3 players use lipos

Dude Lipos are not dangerous unless you do something wrong - it won't explode if you sit there and stare at it!

The main don'ts are:

1. Don't pierce the lipo (as you wouldn't with any other battery)
                      2. Don't overload the lipo (no problem, just buy one with a high "C" rating)
                      3. Don't completely discharge a lipo (voltage alarms will stop this)

And do use a balance charger!

Comment

I see no real advantages over using lipo to any other battery. Lipo are supposedly a little more powerful - someone was saying a 7.4v lipo is equal to a 9.6v Ni-Mh but even if that were true or that a lipo will fit into such and such gun better (not an issue with me since all my Ni-Mh's fit fine in all my AEG's) then from what I can see it all comes down to personal preference. Am I right or am I wrong?
                        Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
                        Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

Wrong. Lipos will last longer in your gun, they give greater efficiency, they dont suffer from memory effect, they can go months without a charge as they hold it and store the charge better. Higher rof than a NiMh or Nicad of equivalent or next size up. They are also smaller in general than the other types of batteryof similar size, so can fit in more guns and with higher comparable mah.

So where you may have fitted a mini 8.4 1100, you can now fit for instance a 7.4 1600 mah battery giving higher rof and longer times between charges. Technology now means they are of comparable cost to the Nicads and Nimh's. I could go on but I dont think it will change your mind so I won't bother.

It is still personal preference anyway, but I have pointed out the main advantages these batteries have over the others. Their only downside is, although they are as safe as the other batteries, when they do go they are usually more volatile. But like the other batteries, handled with care this shouldnt happen.

I have used them for my RC cars planes and boats for a number of year without mishap, and in items much more expensive than an airsoft gun. If I thought they were dangerous there's no way I would use them in for instance in a £3k submarine.
                          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

cheers jfox, think after some research and your posts, i may just go for lipos, Geuss i need a new charger lol. i currently have a TM P90 and M14 , i may well change those to a small lipo
                            sigpic

Comment

P90 with lipo is definitely win!

You can fit in a 7.2v 1900mah Lipo which will last all day with great trigger response, without the need for the extension unit or box mag!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

brown Find out more about brown
                              Working...
                              X