Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - A few questions

Hi everyone,

I have just joined this bbs and have a few questions.

1) Is there a club near me (taunton)

2) Where is the best place to buy airsoft guns from (apart from second hand on here) and what would you recomment for starting with. I dont really want to spend too much.

3) Is there a minimum age to join a club (im 15 next month)

Re: Newbie - A few questions

You are underage and therefore cannot purchase airsoft weapons. Mimimum age is 18. Most sites don't allow membership below 16 as far as i know.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
      You are underage and therefore cannot purchase airsoft weapons. Mimimum age is 18. Most sites don't allow membership below 16 as far as i know.
      I put in my real date of dirth when I registered for this website, and another shooting website I am a member on

EDIT: Sorry did you mean sites as in places where you go to shoot
      Last edited by tomosmond; 1 May, 2009, 19:58. Reason: misunderstanding

Comment

you are too young to buy an airsoft gun - and as far as i know most places dont accept members lower than 16, and normally its 18+ for most gamesites

1) not sure - google would be the best place to start
        2)rules of forum prevent us mentioning other websites/shops
        3)covered above

sorry mate
        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I have done a bit of searching on google and in some places the minimum age is 14 and in others 16.

I will try and find the one nearest me and ask them.

Comment

The latest thing now is:-

A lot of airsoft sites (sites meaning clubs/ areas/ teams etc) are now beginning to disallow under 18's to play for Insurance and Legal reasons (policies now say that the people hosting the airsoft must attend a course to be able to work with children).

I disagree with all this PC BS. Really is a pain in the backside, so chances are you might not be able to join, at LEAST to a minimum age of 16. Best of luck though, for your quest finding the right airsoft site and what have you.

Regards, Matt.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Sorry people are more interestred in saying how your under age...

So your 15 next month, ok fair enough. Unfortuantley your too young to buy an airsoft gun, you gotta be 18. But, there is a lifeline. Get your parents to buy a 'two-tone' gun. I suggest getting the jg g36c twotone. You can simply, 'borrow' it.

Best place, as far as we're concered on here, is zeroone.

As for your local sites, check yell.com, or Goggle AirSoft Map

And as for site membership. Don't get it untill you actually been a few times. Most sites allow under 18 membership.

Hope this was abit of help.
              Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 2 May, 2009, 07:23. Reason: removing retailer

Comment

Hey man, most sites that I've been to allow under-16s to skirmish. Get the G36C in two tone- Owain is right, it's a great starter gun. If you can get a JG MP5 two-toned, they're also great value for money.

Comment

Im also going to throw my support to the JG G36C, or infact, any JG G36, all great beginner guns, dont open it up and it should last you a good coupe years, but youll have to get a parent to buy a two tone for you to borrow, or get a parent to become registered and borrow thier guns once they are playing. As for joining, there arnt 'clubs' like i think you thinking of. Most sites will let you turn up and play, some require in advance booking though. To be on the UKARA database as a skirmisher, you have to be 18, but many sites will allow you to become a member from younger though, but you wont be on the UKARA database

If you live in Taunton, Ultimate Airsoft and Firefight Bristol appear to be your closest ones, google airsoft maps for site locations
                  Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 14 May, 2009, 05:38. Reason: removing retailer
                  G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                  RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

My bro has had the JG G36C for a year and a half now. Wicked rate of fire for an 8.4v battery and fires as well, if not better, than a lot of bigger brands (TM, ICS etc). Great feel to it aswell.... the G36C gets 5 stars from me!
                    Loken

Dorsetshire Muppet Brigade
                    This is a new generation of muppet's. We r faster...stronger...and more tactical than before!

"Dont trust airsofters" - H

Comment

There are sites at plymouth and exeter (i attend both) who allow you to play at 14, and they both rent guns out for the day. As for two tones there seem to be quite a few people around both site with them so you wont stick out like a sore thumb. Google "skirmish exeter" for a link to thier site, they also have a forum. And google "recon paintball plymouth" for the plymouth site, again they have a forum. I also think there is a team based around your area, but best say hello at both forums
                      Armoury:
                      JG MP5 SD6, TM G36C.

Sandhurst in May .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomosmond Find out more about tomosmond
                      Working...
                      X