Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

10x Ares Expendable Magazine Boxes on Z1... Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10x Ares Expendable Magazine Boxes on Z1... Any good?

Hi All,

On Z1 they have £40 boxes of 10x Ares 85rnd magazines. From what I can tell they are "expendable" and made of plastic. Does anyone have any advice on them? I need to get some mags that aren't Hi-Caps and I was hoping for 120rnd mags... but the price of these seems like they might be good. Any advice?

I only need to carry 300 rounds... so if you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears

Cheers,
    David.

P.S. I'm hoping to have some cash left to buy a torch... so 10x magpul's is a bit much :P

Re: 10x Ares Expendable Magazine Boxes on Z1... Any good?

I think they mean "more likely to break" when they say expendable, as they are plastic, but I think that they would certainly last more than 1 game lol, you would just need to be careful with them.

Comment

Hi mate, I got a box of these, for the price they're really good quality and being mid-caps you cant go wrong. They fit very comfortably in my TM M4, and they are tough too for plastic, overall the build quality is about 8/10 in my opinion. Also if your wondering, they come in a matte grey colour. if you want to know anything else about them just pm me :D

Comment

@Dave: Yeh the expendable statement doesn't fill me with confidence. I just wanted to see if there were any users out there that could comment on them. I just can't quite squeeze the wallet for 4xMagpull PMAG's hahahaha

@TM Sniper: Thanks mate. That helps a lot. I think I might get them and see how I go. Even if 6 of them break, I will still have more for the same price of 3 Magpulls hahahaha. Cheers.

Comment

i have the MP5 ones of these, they work fine, no feeding issues or anything

if its the same story with the M4 mags, i recommend em! :D
          hasta la vista, baby

Comment

No problem mate, ive had them quite a while (both 30 and 85 rnds) , and absolutely no problems with any !
            just a little side note though... the magazine spring tabs have a tendency to pop off when they're in your vest or not in use but you can just tape them or glue them, its no big deal but i find it quite annoying if theyre not taped or glued, completely up to you.

Comment

I would 100% buy these if they were in packs of 5. Read a few reviews just needs a squirt of silicone spray and there ready to use.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
              A brain?
              Originally posted by snuff
              Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

I used mine for a goodly long time with no issues. Spray painted them black, because the light grey plastic is a bit nasty. After well over a year of use, they suddenly stopped feeding in my gun. It's something that could have been fixed with some tape in either the magwell, or around the tops of the magazines, just to push the feeding tube into the magazine harder. I decided to ditch them, because keeping the tape in place (aside from it looking a bit gay) was hard with all the dirt and occasional silicone lube going on. I'd recommend them, but try to find someone with one you can test the feeding on before buying. Being injection molded, the tolerances arn't that high, so they may work great in one gun, but pants in the next.

Comment

No the reason they are called expendable is just because they are plastic and mid/low caps so people using the guns for training can buy them and not worry too much if they break them or anything.

£40 for ten mids aint a bad price, biggest thing i'd worry about is feed issues.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

I have some MPS mags they work and feed fine and as aribos said the Expendable part is because basically they are cheap so loosing or damaging them is less of an issue (not that I like to lose or damage my stuff)

Comment

My mate got a box of these for his Ares L86 LSW. Suffice to say they don't feed at all. Utter crap in his rifle.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cpldave Find out more about cpldave
                      Working...
                      X