Collapse

G36K Choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to ask and please dont think im being funny but why does everyone cling to TM guns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: G36K Choice

Cling would probably be the wrong word cos im in love with Classic Army (lol)

back on topic, TM are well known for being extremely reliable internally, and are generally just the higher range of the airsoft market

Comment

Long standing reputation and well, for 99% of the airsofting population who has had one they just don't go wrong, unless you are Jfox :D

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
          I have to ask and please dont think im being funny but why does everyone cling to TM guns?

Because its been around for so long and got a great reputation, some people find it hard to consider other gun makes and therefore just think every TM gun wins.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePope View Post
            Long standing reputation and well, for 99% of the airsofting population who has had one they just don't go wrong, unless you are Jfox :D
            Lol true dat :D

Comment

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56360

Comment

thats a gd gun ^ but a little hot?

Comment

Spring change ain't expensive :D

Comment

Fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by ThePope View Post
                      Spring change ain't expensive :D
                      yaaay :D

Comment

Try and source a TM for that price, maybe used. That said, the SRC are great (tried the MG36 and the KV36, both were pretty damn good)

Comment

+1 to the above, although SRC-wise, i've only ever been satisfied with the Gen III G36KV, all the others don't push my buttons very well =], or get me aroused...

Comment

I'm in da House. OK heres my take once again. It isn't biased although it may sound like it. But, I have owned nearly every make of G36.

The 2 best? Well that depends on what you are looking for. Value for money. It has to be SRC. Externally the only gun anywhere near its quality is the CA versions but the price difference is immense. Then the JG. Good, reliable and very cheap. plastics are solid but not very realistic looking with quite a shiney surface.

The mag issue strangely only applies to SRC's own brand all the rest feed and seat pefectly. King Arms mags being the best

The SRC and CA are both Polymer as per real steel and look and feel that way too. Ares, not owned one, but my son has and they are not very good. they feel quite flimsy and my sons wasn't very reliable.

TM? oh well, its the bestest coz its TM. They buy their plastic from Heckler and Koch, they get all their internals from God, and their hops are so accurate, I shot a 747 down the other day.

Seriously though, this is the weakest of the bunch. Expensive for what it is, cheap thin creaky pastic.

Not very strong at all, it just doesn't look or feel like a replica it feels exactly what it is, a toy gun. On the plus side mine fired well and acurately so as usual good internals But way overpriced for such a flimsy artcle.

So in this order and for the reaons I have stated this is in my opinion the league table of G36's

1st SRC Almost on a par with CA but 1st because of pricing.

2nd CA ever so slightly better internally and a little more reliable because of the SRC hop issue but loses on price.

3rd JG Cheap reliable cheerful Clone. Excellent price versus quality. Plasitcis a little too shny and not as solid as the above 2. However a very good cheap starter gun.

3rd Slightly better plastics than the TM hence 3rd place not a lot more to say as internally they are so hit and miss.

4th TM. Because they are TM. No, only joking, they are last because I feel that's where it belongs, overpriced and really crappy plastic but a good internal setup.

I could exchange it with the ARES for 3rd place, but that would make it look like I like TM's There is just so little to choos from with the ARES version.
                            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

If you had more money i would say CA. They are unbelievable rifles. They feel good, look good and perform well. SRC well, they are almost there. I think they should have gone with the normal hop unit design TM/CA/JG uses. Thats there only flaw. But i quick strip and clean and it'll be fine. Just can be a tad fiddly to get the hop just right. TM for the G36 series would be last on my list. Yes they make good guns, but the G36 feels like a kid's toy. Something you would buy at poundworld. For your price, i'd recommend JG, with a few changes. TM hop rubber and nub, Madbull tightbore barrel. And maybe a CA or Prowin hop unit if you want to go the full mile.

Comment

Having the SRC G36kv I can confirm what Jfox says and that the King Arms midcaps sit as solid as a rock in the magwell.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kingfishy Find out more about kingfishy
                                Working...
                                X