Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

inner barrel length and difference in accuracy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inner barrel length and difference in accuracy.

hello peeps

i was wondering if theirs a big difference in accuracy with inner barrel lengths.
    i have a m4 with a madbull 363 tb , would the accuracy be noticeable if i change to a 509?

thanks modou

Re: inner barrel length and difference in accuracy.

some people think it will be better and so do i but if you put a longer barrel in you will need a new cylinder to coraspond with the barrel length.

Comment

If you get a longer barell it wont change anything, this has been said many o' times.

Stolen quote from Jagillham:

"A BB has no memory, so won't know if it has done the last 37 & half miles in a dead straight line, or just the last 20cm. Therefore when it exits the barrel, assuming it does so correctly, it will continue forever in that exact direction until another force interferes (gravity, wind, backspin etc).

But hey, people will still always try and tell you just before a BB exits the barrel it suddenly thinks..... "Ooooh, I've been travelling dead straight for quite a while now, I should keep this course when I leave the barrel"

Comment

cheers leeb that explains it all and mass that another thing if you have a ported or non ported cylinder it only changes about 5 fps right? and i don't really care that much about fps cause i use .30

Comment

Worth noting changing the diameter of the barell will change the FPS 10-20FPS on average and will increase the groupings of the shots and overall accuracy. 6.01 is really good but can be picky on BB's and requires quite frequent cleaning, therefore taking that into consideration 6.03 is the best.

Comment

hmm ok, ill just keep my madbull python 363 then, i should be receiving a madbull ultimate hop up this morning and a tm or systema rubber soon

Comment

I don't fully subscribe to the ''length doesn't matter''....

If bb's bounce down the barrel, the further they are controlled, surely will make a difference. Ok so 40-50mm may not make any noticable distance, but a good increase should. So long as already stated the cylinder matches barrel length. Albeit possibly not a massive ammount, or enough to give visual betterment on a skirmish field. If done in a good sized warehouse, I'm sure you would notice a difference.

Surely having a longer barrel does have some impact on the 'pre' flight path of a bb, as does a tighter bore. It all helps control the bb prior to it's final flight path.
              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Modizle Find out more about Modizle
              Working...
              X