Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun cleaning

Hey all,

My first gun should be arriving today or tomorrow and i was wondering if anyone had some tips on how often I need to strip it down and clean it out, and what products to use etc

Or maybe post me a link to a useful guide?

It's an ak47 by the way

Cheers, Matt

Re: Gun cleaning

Just buy the cleaning kit off Z1

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

you dont need to. i use cigarette filters and silicon oil for the barrel and 3 in 1 lithium grease for the gearbox

i do a gearbox service every year or when i have opened it up and i clean the barrel after every game.

Comment

for cleaning the barrel, just use the cleaning rod it comes with! I use an old scrap T-shirt, cut little strips off it small enough to fit in the cleaning rod, couple of drops of silicon oil, then clean the barrel, dont forget to wind the hop fully off!

Mas12555: what lithium grease do you use and where do you get it? Ive been meaning to get some grease for my gearbox but not sure what to use!

Comment

halfords its called 3 in 1 white lithium greace and get the silicon oil from them as well its soo much cheaper

Comment

Ahhh ideal! Im using thier silicon aerosol bike lube at the moment, works like a charm! Off to halfrauds it is then!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

m4tt Find out more about m4tt
            Working...
            X