KJW M700: any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJW M700: any good?

I've looked around the forum a bit, but I can't find much information on this gun. I've never had a sniper rifle, although I've thought about getting a G-Spec or something. But is this one any good? There's one going cheap among my HK friends and it looks to be a tasty offer.

Are gas sniper rifles any good? What is the difference in range and performance between this and a spring G-Spec? In HK gas works great because of the warm weather, and it's advertised at 500FPS - but are they loud? Are they accurate? Advice please - I'm not a sniper, but I'd like to give it a try.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Re: KJW M700: any good?

I seem to recall that they were considered to be a bit crap a while back - but they may have upped the game.

gas is good for warm weather - but shot to shot consistency (thus accuracy) is not at good as with a spring powered rifle. though if you are out in HK - I imagine that the weather is reasonably warm.

A vsr of some sort will get the vote of most if not all members of the forum. - spring and gas should provide the same range - but as said - springs are more consistent so should in theory be more accurate.

that is not to say that the gas one is worse. - I am sure it can be very good.

is there a reason it is going cheap?

never used gas myself so I can't really comment.

Mac
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

I have the takedown version.
      On ultra it will chrono at 450fps on a mild day (15-19)and stays stable over a 5 shot string (only a small drop in FPS) I reckon green gas or propane it will go higher (I have been informed and read articles on this and they do use Co2 in these and get mega high FPS). The gun is nicely finished with a hard wearing paint with a nice texture, I have to date found no build quality issues with mine, it is also slightly heavier than a VSR and feels less 'plasticy'. The hop on the takdown version is effective once bedded in however its a beatch to adjust. The bolt is really really easy to operate, very smooth however has some wobble when its all the way out(but you only have to move about half an inch to load it, so short fast bolt reloads are possible), when pushed back in it has a very positive feel to it. The trigger is oh so very light, Id say Iv seen hair triggers heavier than this, its a very light trigger indeed. The mags only hold 11 rounds but are interchangable with the Tanaka modals R700 and M24 (which has long mags) but those mags are expensive. I have used Bell mags in mine, and they worked, however mags are a pain in the derrier to change very awkward indeed. The range when bedded in and setup is right is phenominal, however sometimes some units suffer from inacuracies, I got a very good one. This Rifle is quieter than a Gspec when the silencer has been removed with just a sharp crack from the gas and a small plume of gas out the end (barely noticable) however an adaption can be bought for these to fit a silencer, if you think the TM Mk23 socom is quiet?! Then try these with a can on.
      Hope that helps a little.
      In all fairness its not a perfect gun, it wont rip your trousers off with accuracy at times, but it is upgradeable with time and effort and a little splash of Google, but I have had some funtimes with mine. Even just leaving it in the safezone gets people talking as it looks like it costs more than it actually did.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

i've heard the takedown model is far inferior but i may be wrong i suggest having a look on youtube for reviews that and goggle is your friend.

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
        You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
        Kid has issues

Comment

Well if its inferior, then the non takedown will be spectacular, as the takedown is pretty good, the differances being the design for the hop adjustment and the fact it has to seal when its in one piece.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Save your money and buy a tanaka , the spend more on the pax kit and co2 line then wait for the 90 metre kills to come flooding in

Comment

Originally posted by Ovany View Post
              Save your money and buy a tanaka , the spend more on the pax kit and co2 line then wait for the 90 metre kills to come flooding in
              +1 mate
              trader rating

Comment

Originally posted by GREG_BURTON View Post
                +1 mate
                You would say that youve got a custom Docs work AICS built over months and flawless in performance !!

My M24 is stiller betterer !!

Comment

If you say so mate (and i don't mean that in a sarcastic way).
                  trader rating

Comment

I've had three of these. Always planned to upgrade them. But as Some of the parts are specific it works out alot more than a tanaka. Which not upgraded should still outshoot the KJW M700.

There are only 2 aftermarket barrels that I know of. One being a KJW and the other being an EDGI.

The stock barrel in there KJW M700 is a 6.10. Not very good for a sniprifle

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Laughing Man i want you to hit me, as hard as you can.. Find out more about The Laughing Man
                    Working...
                    X