Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sidearms - how do you wear yours?

this is particularly aimed at snipers. - I just bought myself a glock 18c

I hadn't really planned on it - but it was a good deal and by god is it fun or what!

any hoo - the holster it came with is fine for my regular loadouts - but I am having a bit of trouble figuring out how to mount it while im sniping.

I have heard of people mounting the gun to their back and this seems like a good idea but how the hell do I do it? - it is on a thigh holster at the moment and it is just going to get full of dirt.

any thoughts welcome

Mac
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Re: sidearms - how do you wear yours?

i used to have mine like a neckless

Comment

The covert belt holsters sold by Z1 are good to keep it on your back, or a blackhawk holster...

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

one across the chest and one on the left leg
        Just because you can doesn't mean you should......

Comment

wear is ghetto style tucked down your trousers then hold it sideways when you shoot it :D

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
          You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
          Kid has issues

Comment

I attached my old SOCOM Mk23 holster to the front of my M24. Made it even more front heavy but was easier to draw when prone
            Originally posted by The Laughing Man
            Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

use mine on belt holster.
              why cant we all just get along??

Comment

I have managed to mount it so that the gun sits on the back of my thigh. so that should in theory keep it away from all the crap! :D
                Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
                  I have managed to mount it so that the gun sits on the back of my thigh. so that should in theory keep it away from all the crap! :D
                  What happens when you crouch?

Comment

I don't do this but just a thought - belt holster, placed at the back, twisted 90* to draw side? Could work even better using a opposite holster (e.g. left handed holster/right hand draw) as that would create a more natural/comfortable position.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                      What happens when you crouch?
                      it stays attached to my leg - doesn't fall out.
                      Originally posted by Coz

Comment

If it's a glock 18c, they fit very well in the double M4 mag pouches.

I personally use two when the mood take me, and a double M4 mag pouch on the back of my vest is VERY good for keeping them in, even with extended mags.

Hope that helps
                        Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

At the moment I have a Blackhawk serpa with the belt paddle... It's more suited to quick draw when using an AR, but I'd still use it when sniping for ease of draw (even though you have a cumbersom bolty to deal with still). Definitely worth the money, if you actually feel it necesary to use your pistol rather than just have it looking pretty in a holster. I'd like to try it out on the STRIKE platform on my chest to keep it out of the way, but I expect I'd forget the pistol wasn't on my hip and try to draw from there by accident.

I used to use a dropleg, which was perfectly good for all intents and purposes. You can pick up a Viper one cheaply enough. I know some people dont like viper, but I think as far as keeping a pistol somewhere you can reach, they do a great job. I used a second hand one for several years with no issues, so obviously durability isn't a problem.

For my MP5k (since you didn't specify pistols only), I use a 1 point sling, but I'm not happy with it. It swings around somewhat, regardless of how I set it up. What I'm planning, is a piece of bungie cord making a loop with a quick release mechanism, so I can still have the K on a 1 point, but strapped to my front or side (see how it feels), with the cord tied through part of my webbing, and just ping the quick release to get it free to fire. I tried it with a fastex buckle'd belt, but I feel elastic would have far better retention.

Comment

On the rare occasions I take out a bolt action I carry my pistol in a fobus roto in the small of my back.
                            It keeps it out of the way while I'm laying down and keeps it away from any crap I may crawl through/lay in.

Comment

Mate keeps his M.E.U on his MOLLE sniper belt in a molle holster. works quite well, easy to get to when lying down and it keeps it out of the dirt.
                              Originally posted by Jez@Devoted
                              Dude, more to life than ranking up in a forum!
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                              Working...
                              X