Noob battery inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob battery inquiry

whats the best battery to get for the TM MP5 and how long will it last on average? will one be ok for a full day game or is it better to have a second?

Re: Noob battery inquiry

Depends on what type of Mp5, Full stock , Retractable with large front end or small.

Need info on what voltage you want then we can work from that.
    Hate.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

hmmn.... ill have to wait til thursday, when i get it, to find that one out for certain.

as far as im aware its a full stock, using a mini batterypack that fits in the handgrip, as for voltage, i think its a 8.2V, again, ill find out for sure on thursday, sorry to be so vague....

Comment

I'm running a 7.4v, 3000MaH, 35c lipo in my full stock ICS MP5 and it not only lasts a whole day, it only took about 10 minutes to charge back up to full.
        sigpic

Comment

I used a 2200mAh 7.4V LiPo, fired many rounds (around 1200) throughout the day, and it still had plenty of life left in my MP5.

Remember, if it is a solid stock, that MP5s have two connectors (so you can run different stocks, and use an extension lead to the front if necessary, as the wires exit the rear of the gearbox), so you can use a large NiMH if desired in the stock (after a bit of modifying).
          In the beginning the Universe was created.
          This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Comment

Yeah lipo is the best bet if you are tight for space , I got a 7.4v 15C or 20c 1900Mah for £14.35 from a good old shop of components.

It's a diddy little thing and is dwarfed by my PEQ box =/
            Hate.
            "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Well, batteries are generally in 1.5V cells or 1.2V cells.

As far as I have ever experienced, Airsoft and RC cars etc. seem to use 1.2V cells. so, that means you have a block of 7 cells making 8.4V. right?
              (7x 1.2 = 8.4)

and 8.4V is the "standard airsoft voltage discharge" as it is supplied by most retailers and is often less damaging to your gun.

I have a mate with a full stock Mp5 just like yours- except his is rear wired and battery goes into the stock, but no worries.

He uses 7.2V batteries and still gets 800+ shots per min! They are rather high capacity (about 1500mAh) and he usually requires a second battery later on in the day.

Now, if you have 8.4V I believe that your battery will lose power quicker due to a higher output.

So, it's always wise to carry around another battery! Plus, you'll learn that as you get more into airsoft you'll need lots of batteries of all shapes/sizes/capacities for all sorts of guns and uses.

My advice- DEFO get a new battery.

I'm sure ebay links are allowed here, but if you want a mini type 8.4v 2800mAh battery that is the size of a speedloader (in fact, smaller) at the cost of <£11 Pm me!

Well, my input. Basically GET ANOTHER BATTERY! It's worth it!

GP.
              sigpic

Comment

Unless of course he's contemplating using Li Po's then the cells are 3.7v. This is the road I would take, as it give you the ability to use much smaller batteries for the same or more power than NIcads or NiMh.

Also, costwise they are getting cheaper by the day. In some cases actually cheaper than the older tech batteries
                Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

ok, just got back with my new toy..... a TM MP5K sighted and silenced, with 8 mags, single point bunjie sling and a drop leg magizine carrier, oh and its a folding stock (even better imho) as the fixed stock was cracked (i had the choice)

Anyway, back on topic....

I got two batteries both 8.4v 1500MaH long tube versions so they fit above the barrel, ive been told id have to swap them over midday of a game and the charger takes 3hrs to charge them (he gave me an idiot proof charger that turns itself off when their charged, he most know alot about me :p)

should i stick with these or do something else?
                  Last edited by Canonfodder; 19 August, 2010, 23:06.

Comment

It realy depends on how much your going to use it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                      It realy depends on how much your going to use it?

its my main weapon and ill be mainly using on semi and double tapping....

Comment

If your happy with them 2 then stick with them they will do all day.
                        One of them shold last the day but take both just incase.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Canonfodder Hi im Chris, 29, ive got a wife &amp; 3 kids (5,5,3), im a Photographer by day, security guard by night Find out more about Canonfodder
                        Working...
                        X