TM high capa 5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM high capa 5.1

TM guns are all plastic so I assume the high capa comes all plastic, if I were to just put it in a metal slide and outer barrel could I run it on green gas?

Thanks

Joe
    "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
    Red - Shawshank Redemption

Re: TM high capa 5.1

TM hi capas can be run on green anyway.

They rock and make great project guns

Comment

high capa comes all plastic
      The frame is all metal, but not the slide.

Comment

oh so if I put on a metal slide I'll have a full metal pistol?

Comment

Are TM hi capa mags compatible with any other brand?

Comment

In fairness you dont really need a metal slide on these, the slide already fitted has metal rails and the rest of the frame is metal, they kick like a mule even with a plastic slide and run on green no problems, I run mine now on propane as its cheaper (yet the same as green) using a propane adaptor. Iv had no issues yet.
            The mags as far as I know are TM specific, I have never managed to get mine to work in WE Hi capa and vice versa.
            They are easy as hell to upgrade but metal slides sometimes ask for trouble as sometimes they require modification, then hiflow valves, higher recoil rod assembly, the better the metal slide fits the more expensive it is. then all the secondary costs kick in. My advice is leave the slide until it breaks then get a metal one, and trust me Iv had mine going on 3 years now and havent replaced a thing yet.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I would just leave it as is, I caused enough problems with my pistol changing to a metal outer barrel! They kick really good, and the plastic is of very high quality. At first I thought it was a full metal pistol!

The mags as far as I know are not Tm specific, I think the WE mags will work as well (dont quote me on this!). Also worth noting, is that 4.8 mags will work in the 5.1 pistol. I wish I'd known this when i first got the pistol, as I dont like the lump of plastic sitting at the bottom of the 5.1 mag, which is missing from the 4.8 mag!

Comment

BUMP!

Comment

4.8 mags will work in the 5.1 pistol
                  Do you mean 4.3? And yes, WE should work.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MistroJoe Find out more about MistroJoe
                  Working...
                  X