L85A2, Bad buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L85A2, Bad buy?

Hi, I am new to the forums, but I have been doing airsoft for a short period, borrowing a friends sniper rifle (semi bolt action).

I finally Decided to get my own rifle and saved up around 500$ for a decent gun and accessories.

I ordered the STAR/ARES L85A2 ( link removed )and I am now unsure if this is the new ARES or the old STAR, I have already ordered it, so it's a tad late, but I wanted to know..

Does anyone have experience with this rifle?
    Cons and pros?
    Is it LiPo compatible?
    Does M4/M16 magazines fit in it? I ordered a high cap M4/M16/a lot of other models magazine but I don't know if it'll fit.

EDIT: Put in the correct link
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 22 August, 2010, 01:34. Reason: retalier link

Re: L85A2, Bad buy?

looks to me like an ARES l85 bud, but they are basically the same.
    and yes m4/m16 mags do fit in the l85 model.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmithy View Post
      looks to me like an ARES l85 bud, but they are basically the same.
      except the ares has a metal gearbox and is by far alot better

Comment

that is true :p

Comment

Yes good buy buddy, tho it says there FPS 390...and yea I cant see it being that high. but who knows.

Comment

Hmm, I knew there was something fishy.. So my gun basically sucks because of the gearbox?

Well, is it possible to upgrade it, and is it hard to install a new one?

Question still remains if it takes LiPo batteries

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
              Hmm, I knew there was something fishy.. So my gun basically sucks because of the gearbox?

Well, is it possible to upgrade it, and is it hard to install a new one?

Question still remains if it takes LiPo batteries
              No mate, you got the new ares version which is alot better :D you got the best version out there, you should be happy lol

and yes it will take 7.4v lipo's just fine

Comment

Originally posted by Salvation View Post
                No mate, you got the new ares version which is alot better :D you got the best version out there, you should be happy lol
                Well, now that is GREAT news :D

I ordered a SUSAT x4 authentic sight too, any opinions about this kind of sight? I've seen it in BattleField 2

Comment

Well, now that is GREAT news :D

I ordered a SUSAT x4 authentic sight too, any opinions about this kind of sight? I've seen it in BattleField 2
                  Another great buy if its a real steal sight, well if you did get the authentic one there used by our army so they must be good, yes very good mate.. probally better of not mentioning video games on here lol although if your tlaking about the original bf2 its an awesome game :D

a side note on the lipo's you will need a imax b6 charger

Comment

Another great buy if its a real steal sight, well if you did get the authentic one there used by our army so they must be good, yes very good mate.. probally better of not mentioning video games on here lol although if your tlaking about the original bf2 its an awesome game :D

a side note on the lipo's you will need a imax b6 charger
                    Yes, it's a real steel one

I have both 7,4v and 11,1v LiPo's and a charger, I found em with a charger in my garage, I did a bit of research and they should be compatible with airsoft guns. Will the 11,1v damage my gun if it's of a too high voltage?

Comment

Yes, it's a real steel one

I have both 7,4v and 11,1v LiPo's and a charger, I found em with a charger in my garage, I did a bit of research and they should be compatible with airsoft guns. Will the 11,1v damage my gun if it's of a too high voltage?
                      right firstly i need you to watch this vid:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DcpANRFrI4&feature=fvw

now ive got your attention, you need to make sure the charger you have is capable of charging lipo's if unsure post some pics up of it.

personally i wouldent use a 11.1 in that gun so just stick to a 7.4

also how old are the batteries?

Comment

right firstly i need you to watch this vid:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DcpANRFrI4&feature=fvw

now ive got your attention, you need to make sure the charger you have is capable of charging lipo's if unsure post some pics up of it.

personally i wouldent use a 11.1 in that gun so just stick to a 7.4

also how old are the batteries?
                        Not too old, they are in great condition though.

My relative has great experience with LiPo's and all kind of batteries, and he has a LOT of experience with charging LiPo batteries and the dangers, cons and pros around them.

I didn't plan on using the 11,1v because of it's extremely high fire rate, but I wanted to know as I mostly fire on single anyways.

Comment

Not too old, they are in great condition though.

My relative has great experience with LiPo's and all kind of batteries, and he has a LOT of experience with charging LiPo batteries and the dangers, cons and pros around them.

I didn't plan on using the 11,1v because of it's extremely high fire rate, but I wanted to know as I mostly fire on single anyways.
                          ok thats good then, he may have alot of experience but you need to make your your charge can charge them, no i wouldent because without a mosfet a 11.1 will cause overspin

Comment

ok thats good then, he may have alot of experience but you need to make your your charge can charge them, no i wouldent because without a mosfet a 11.1 will cause overspin
                            We do have a LiPo battery charger and a fire safe bag to charge it in, so the charging of the battery is all set :D

Could you please explain the last part about mosfet and overspin? I'm not that experienced with airsoft terms and expressions

Comment

We do have a LiPo battery charger and a fire safe bag to charge it in, so the charging of the battery is all set :D

Could you please explain the last part about mosfet and overspin? I'm not that experienced with airsoft terms and expressions
                              to be honest on the last bit neither am i im just passing on info ive been told hopefully somone more experienced will see this thread and help you on the alst bit, sorry

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lian Find out more about Lian
                              Working...
                              X