SRC gen II or ICS plastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRC gen II or ICS plastic

I was thinking of getting SRC M4 with crane stock and stick on my rails on it but now results day has come and ill be able to get more money then expected i could go for a ICS plastic. so which one would be best? Is the ICS delta ring thread stander size or different as most over parts are.
    SRC
    39.47%
    ICS
    60.53%

Re: SRC gen II or ICS plastic

most parts are interchangeable.
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Good results? oh and ICS FTW!

Comment

ics is good but the src parts are easy to find and the ics metal body is is just as expensive as the plastic gun and parts to fit like ris can be hard to fit propaly

Comment

the reason i might go with the src is that it has a crane stock and i know my rails will fit

Comment

dont go with a ics you will regret it in the long run, many people in the forum are ics fanboys so ics is going to win the vote, but dont buy it

Comment

Right ok so why do you think i should not buy it just like to know.

Comment

Firstly and Mainly. The SRC is better. Secondly the ICS, being plastic is more prone to breakage of the recevier and external parts. Thirdly upgradeability isn't that great as their parts are different sizes dimensionally to other manufacturers in general.

It's still a great gun internally though, and if it is only going to be used as a second weapon and light useage then totally adequate.
                Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Modizlw - your reasons....?

If you've created a poll, but are going to disregard the results and get an SRC anyway, was there much point in the poll?
                  I've owned the metal ICS M4's in the past, and have used both the SRC and ICS M4 Plastic. The one which was more consistent was the SRC. However, it's not built as strongly as the ICS - the front set came apart upon lifting by the muzzle. Not particularly great.

The one with the better internals is ICS, undoubtedly.

Your best bet is to phone up several retailers (not just z1 as they may be biased towards ICS) and ask for their opinion.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Modizlw View Post
                    dont go with a ics you will regret it in the long run, many people in the forum are ics fanboys so ics is going to win the vote, but dont buy it
                    I dont agree with that one bit!!
                    Yes personaly i am a big fan of ICS but that is for a very good reason....ive never had a single (major) problem with any of the ICS guns i have owned.
                    Ok they may not be totaly compatible external wise with other makes, but it can be done.
                    They have there niggling problems but what RIF doesent?

Comment

ICS!
                      Originally posted by psirus101
                      I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Comment

Awesome. Absolutely Awesome :D

Never had a problem with my ICS, but the SRC GEN2 M4s are metal iirc, so you may as well.....

Comment

Ok so I seen people saying that ICS plastic guns are prone to breakage in terms of recievers etc... That is simply not true, my team mate has an ICS M4 plastic and it is solid. You would have to use a hell of a force to break it. The only thing I dont like about it is the fact that many of the parts are specific to ICS as in you cant use parts from other guns (or at least thats what he tells me, I dont own one myself.)
                            sigpic If you sell, buy or trade with me please remeber to leave feedback!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gundown Find out more about gundown
                            Working...
                            X