Help a noob!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a noob!!

Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help me out. Apologies if this is covering old ground.

First off, confession time - I'm not a skirmisher. I am, however, into making movies and Airsoft guns and accessories make perfect props for this. Over the years I have gathered a horde of guns, assault vests, holsters and other accessories to use in various projects and they look great on screen. As long as you inform the police as to the details of the shoot, there isn't a problem. Unfortunately the recent laws about having bright colours on the guns is obviously a bit of an issue. So the question is simply this - how do I get the unpainted versions?

Re: Help a noob!!

Unpainted versions or realistic imitation firearms require you to be a member of a skirmishing site.

Just google ukara or VCRA to find out more

Comment

In other words, you have to become a skirmisher.
      Play 3 times in no less than 2 months (no fast track) and then register with the ukara scheme through you're chosen sites membership scheme.
      You have to be over 18 aswell
      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 26 August, 2010, 00:07.
      Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
      I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

I'm fairly sure that making films is a valid defence, although I don't know on what scale the films have to be... i.e. commercial, more private, or whatever.
        Others till I die

Comment

Isn't there some form of license for that though? Fairly sure home movies wouldn't fall under that category?

Comment

There are a number of ways, as certain groups have defence to the 'VCRA 2006'.

That includes airsofters, productions for theatre & film, re-enactors...

We know what it takes to gain the defence from an airsoft point of view. However if your intention is to be for filming, you need to know it from that point of view.

So in short, read the VCRA 2006 and Accompanying Notes. See what is acceptable and what is not

Comment

No less than 2 months meaning you can not get it in 8 weeks, 9 weeks is the minimum time limit. As above if you are involved in TV/Movies there is a part of the law that allows for that, think you have to be genuine ( as in they require proof) though and not just someone shooting home movies on the cell phone.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Paolos Find out more about Paolos
              Working...
              X