what gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what gun?

hey i think i can get my parents to get membership but now i dont know if i want a agm mp40, dboys kar 98, or jg bar 10 sniper rifle. Which one would you choose and why because on the kar98 dont the shells get a newsence because you have to pick them up?

Re: what gun?

ww2 not my thing, but from my experience with dboys, stay away!
    TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...
    Maxell Smart: Great, but how exactly do i get them to take it?

Comment

Get an AEG. Don't get a clone. If it does break (likely), you won't know how to fix it. Get a TM AEG of some sort, and if you get it from zeroone, put a 1J spring in it (choose from the drop down menu). That'll give you a great, reliable gun that will be usable at 99% of sites.

The Dboys Kar98. Firstly, stay away from Dboys. They are a terrible make. The Kar98 is no exception. You have to pick up the shells, and it performs badly and is unreliable.

The Bar-10 is a great rifle. JG are a clone make, but they clone TM guns, and thus are reliable enough. BUT, you want an AEG to start, you will have more fun. Sniping in airsoft is NOTHING like COD or counterstike. THe rifles are nothing like as accurate.

Comment

well said,
        i would emphasise that last point,
        sniping in airsoft really isn't the way to start out...it is done by experienced players more to test their skills than have fun
        TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...
        Maxell Smart: Great, but how exactly do i get them to take it?

Comment

DO NOT START WITH A SNIPER RIFLE- i cant stress that enough

You may love sniping on computer games but its a whole different story on the airsoft field. Not only is it much harder to get to grips with but its also alot more expensive to get a decent sniper than a decent AEG. Its a very aquired taste and some like it, others dont, but ive seen more than one newbie rush in, buy a sniper, and quit because they dont like it

My advise would be to choose one of JGs range, thier AEGs basically equal, sometimes surpass marui's guns, and you have a huge choice to pick from, plus it wont cost your soul

My recommendation would be the JG G36C, its a fine gun for those new to the sport, and it has ample room to expand on
          G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
          RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Agreed totally, the KG G36 will be fine.

One thing with the JG range. They're great, but they may need downgrading (the bbs are fired at too high a speed, sites have restrictions). This obviously involves opening up the gearbox, which is not good for a new guy. If you have a techy at your site then fair enough, but don't try yourself at 14, you'll break your gun and won't be happy. Pay a techy (like me!) to do it.

Comment

Do not get a sniper unless you can hide in a bush for 3 hours without being found and yawning

yes ive done it

..no seriously i have i had a search team after me.

This is where renting does come in handy

spec-ops in waymouth now rent out a l96 so you can try sniping and thats what i see rental as

"try before you buy" sort of also a renting service haha

if ground zero had a booking section of snipers to rent then you can try it and see if you like it

Comment

For a start what gun do you like the look of best and how much have you got to spend?

As people have said, sniping is an acquired taste. You might enjoy it, you might not but as a first gun I would recommend an AEG of some sort as you have the option of automatic and semi automatic fire. If you want to try your hand at sniping you could pop it on semi automatic and if you need that extra oomph shove it back on full auto. Obviously I'm not saying it'll be an excellent sniper rifle but it'll sort of give you an idea of what it's like while still allowing you the use of full auto.

If your on a smaller budget JG are a very good clone make if not the best and CYMA I can vouch for personally as I have an AK47 and it's been excellent with no problems since I got it.

Comment

CYMA AKs are really good, but i would personally ops for JG on everything else
                  G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                  RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Alternatively if your heart is set on sniping, you could be immense at it and absolutely love it, and be making a large mistake by listening to people on here.

Sniping is a very aquired taste, and in airsoft can be very difficult to get used to, i will agree, but we can't supress the boys growth now can we?

You want to look at this logically, at your age and experience get something you can learn from, and will be reliable. Generally speaking you get what you pay for. As has been said JG/TM are notoriously reliable manufacturers (emphasis on TM here... They pioneered modern airsoft), if you can fork out for look at other high end, non-chinese manufacturers (CA etc)

Comment

i'd say get a JG G36/C/K/KE cause i had that as my second gun and it was really solid, reliable, cheap and some say there better than the japanese versions

Comment

The full metal M4A1 by JG...

G&P M4A1 Mariiiiine

Comment

best of both worlds could be a TM Famas
                          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Any gun by JG is a great starting aeg as I had the jg aug civvy and it was amazing!!

But if you are determined to be a sniper why not give one of the cyma or agm m14s a try.

Comment

JG G36C, IMO
                              Reliable, look pretty cool with some stick on tat, easily upgradeable. It suprises me that a "what am best gun for a newbie" thread isn't already filled with this recommendation!
                              Current Armoury
                              ---------------

Systema M4A1
                              VFC Scar L
                              Galaxy MP5K
                              ICS MP5 A2
                              AA SA80
                              DBOYS M4 CASV
                              JG G36
                              KSC M945
                              TM M92F Biohazard

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Thinker341 Retro guns, Retro combats, RETRO! :D Find out more about Thinker341
                              Working...
                              X