ICS M4 with a plastic body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS M4 with a plastic body?

Curious as to ICS M4's with a plastic body - do they do the equivalent of a sportline? and if they do, is it just the metal body thats different and the internals are the same?
    Originally posted by rockinrobin
    52 asterisks! Is that a forum record for one post?

Re: ICS M4 with a plastic body?

different motor too, the plastic ones motor is very screechy and a bit pants, possibly weaker gears too (unconfirmed by me)
    KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
    mix'n'match M4
    Maruzen P99

Comment

ooh fair enough..I have found something on the net that mentions cost cutting by the main manufacturers to offset some of the impact of cheapsoft...but it was limited to bodies

maybe not it would seem then?
      Originally posted by rockinrobin
      52 asterisks! Is that a forum record for one post?

Comment

yer dude i thought that the only plastic body ics guns where the sportlines, and belive me they do not come close to metal more expensive ics guns.
        "Matey" - The most over used word on any airsoft forum....

Comment

mines prety good. all i did was replace the barrel, hop and motor and it runs better than the metal ics ones
          trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

must just have been the motor then. they have an infinity rather than 3000 or something like that ...
            KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
            mix'n'match M4
            Maruzen P99

Comment

yeah. i replaces the motor with a new turbo 3000 and it ran great

Comment

Only difference is the body, flashhider (plastic) and motor the rest are exactly the same even the gears.
                Actually, the infinity motor that comes with the sportsline isn't too bad at all if you're gonna keep your gun stock.

MY FEEDBACK: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...=pyro+feedback

Comment

I don't know why people are saying the gearbox is the same. They both essentially run a v2 gearbox but the metal-bodied has a split gearbox allowing you to swap spring incredibly quickly whereas the plastic-bodied has a standard v2 one-piece gearbox. I have just bought a metal ICS m4 and did a lot of research about this kind of thing. The plastic body on the sportline actually isn't that bad (much nicer than CA sportline IMO) but the metal version literally is a step up - well worth the investment!

Comment

Originally posted by KaRcop View Post
                    I don't know why people are saying the gearbox is the same. They both essentially run a v2 gearbox but the metal-bodied has a split gearbox allowing you to swap spring incredibly quickly whereas the plastic-bodied has a standard v2 one-piece gearbox. I have just bought a metal ICS m4 and did a lot of research about this kind of thing. The plastic body on the sportline actually isn't that bad (much nicer than CA sportline IMO) but the metal version literally is a step up - well worth the investment!
                    The plastic one has a split gearbox, actually. I have one. So err.. nice research? :L

Comment

He must be referring to CA sportsline but ICS ones are definitely split gearbox.

MY FEEDBACK: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...=pyro+feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Pyro View Post
                        He must be referring to CA sportsline but ICS ones are definitely split gearbox.
                        The plastic body on the sportline actually isn't that bad (much nicer than CA sportline IMO)
                        Hes talking about the ics though :L
                        Sorry, ill shutup. I'm incredibly arguementative :p

Comment

i have had one the moter is diffrent and the stock tube on my wobbled around no matter how much i tightend it the same with the barrel and it was a 3 peace so all together your better saving your pennys up for the metal one to be honest mate its much better

Comment

unless you can get 12 of the m4 cqb models for a grand like i did

Comment

Originally posted by reflexsnipe View Post
                              The plastic one has a split gearbox, actually. I have one. So err.. nice research? :L
                              Really? That's not what I was told/saw! Maybe they've changed their design because the one I took apart in the shop was definitely one-piece...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jibjobbob Ex Forces Find out more about jibjobbob
                              Working...
                              X