Is this gun to big for me ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this gun to big for me ?

Im a short guy (5,7) and im wondering if a m16a1 is too big for me? Such as will it be so big that i look rediclous or that its too akward to be useful with :P

regards

Re: Is this gun to big for me ?

personal preference mate, depends how and where you play, i had an mc51 and i played at urban, im 6ft 5 it was lovely for me but i couldn't peel round corners with it but all down to personal preference

Comment

Originally posted by theairsofttank View Post
      personal preference mate, depends how and where you play, i had an mc51 and i played at urban, im 6ft 5 it was lovely for me but i couldn't peel round corners with it but all down to personal preference
      I play at a woodland sight with some cqb, my worst fear is that its soo big that it somehow gets snapped because i get it caught on a tree or something :P

Comment

everyone bangs they're gun, shouldn't snap, if your worried about size, perhaps get a crane stock or get an m4

Comment

Your best bet is to pop down to a shop or see if you can hold one at a skirmish to get a good idea of its bulk
          It's a pretty big gun, I find them almost impossible to use in CQB, tight corners are a pain and people can see you coming round a corner by almost a good foot or two of barrel
          As for woodland, it's just down to getting used to the length and added weight, though you may well smack it off a tree a good few times

My bird's about 5'5 and both my FAMAS and M4 (standard length) look absolutely huge compared to her

Comment

I'm 5'4" and I use a M14, M16VN,G36KV and the daddy of them all the SLR. I don't feel uncomfortable using any of them. I actually feel uncomfortable with bullpups. They just don't feel right.

So as above, try it first as it is a preference thing, and you may be surprised at how comfortable the long battle rifle types are.
            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I'm 6 ft dead on, and I hate long rifles due to the way I play, diving into bushes and trenches and generally doing stupid over the top action movie stunts in game and really would snap a longer rifle in two.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is also consider your playing style.
              "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

As a one-time owner of an m16, the only two reasons I'd advise getting a long gun are:

1) Style - you like the look. If you want an m16a1 because you're doing a vietnam loadout, then by all means. M4s aren't much good as an alternative recommendation. :D (CAR15s may be a little thin on the ground.)
                2) Definite performance benefit because that particular gun happens to have an awesome hop and such, such as M14s.

M16s are fairly light as long guns go, a metal AGM A3 I had weighed a little under 3kg and was super easy to handle. I'm 5'11 and no trouble manouvering what is still quite a long gun at nearly a metre long. You'll look fine handling one but the stock is equal in length to the longest setting on a CAR-stock and your biggest issue might be that the length of pull may be too long for you and the gun may feel front-heavy because you are having to extend your arms more. You may have this problem with AKs and G3s too.

My advice would be to get as close as you can to actually shouldering one. The length of the gun in front of your arms isn't nearly as much of an issue as how far your arms are having to extend. Borrow or rent an m16 or an m4 and set the stock to the longest position, m16s feel identical.

Incidentally, don't get AGM M16s unless you feel like immediately changing out the hopup. It's kind of rubbish :p

Comment

I'm 5'11, M16 length guns are of no problems, only thing is diving for cover - you would have change tactics. Most M16s weigh about 2.5-4kg, depending on the accessories bolted on, as well as the receiver.

Comment

At TWA you might find a M16 a bit too long in the pit and village. When I had my M14, it was a pain in the backside to aim round the corners of buildings and over the top of cover (hence why I never took it into the tower lol). Apart from that you should be fine. I only smacked my M14 into trees when it was slung on my shoulder and you could always pull out your sidearm if space is too tight.

Comment

The other thing really to consider is weight - if you have short arms and a long heavy gun you'll find it hard to keep it shouldered without getting knackard. My housemate's missus is pretty small and not very strong and she can't even shoulder my M4 (it's metal and fairly front heavy due to the UGL).
                      sigpic

Comment

TWA is my normal hunting ground lol im just getting started , ive got an m16a1 and i love it skirmished it no problems sized didnt bother me if you want to shoulder one come find me and il let you have a look at my m16a1

brushed it a couple of times in the woods nothing serious tho
                        il be up there on sat the 4th

lee

http://www.ukaircav.com

Comment

I was using a M16a2 since i was 13 :P and i was a right tinny bugger, it will be fine

Comment

+1 for watch the weight!!!

I have a full metal SPR . I'm 6'2 and it still gets HEAVY towards the end of a long day!!
                            My mate has a full metal M4 with all the toys (PEQ/GL/Torch/ACOG..etc) and that gets interesting to lift to your shoulder at the end of the day

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Goony chilled out airsofter Find out more about Goony
                            Working...
                            X