How good are TM Shotguns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good are TM Shotguns?

Hello. After giving up on my previous idea of using a stock TM VSR for a Bit of light sniping, I'm now taking a look at the TM shotgun range. The full length Benelli M3 is my favourite for looks, but I could consider others. The TM Tactical Launcher is very cheap, and I like the RIS, but is it any good?

So, how do they perform?

Any info on Woodland Usability, Range, Accuracy, Ect would be great.

Re: How good are TM Shotguns?

Info on the Double Eagles would also be appreciated.

Comment

I used to have a TM SPAS 12 (essentially the same as a TM Super 90). Really nice to use. About the same range as a standard AEG, very accurate & extremely satisfying to shoot someone in the head whilst they're cowering in a trench (I don't mean point blank btw, we were in opposite trenches & I slowly stood up after a 'firefight' to see the top of his boonie poking out of the trench. After a careful aim . . . . POP "HIT!")!

So overall very good. keep on top of maintaining them though, especially the shells & make sure you empty them after every skirmish lol!
      Originally posted by The Laughing Man
      Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

The TM are pretty exceptional to be quite honest. Range is good for the FPS and the 3 BB's, although they don't sound alot, give good spread and higher hit probability per shot. This works very well in CQB as well as woodland.

DE clones are OK, they are a bit higher on the FPS, and build quality is noticably less but still very passable and skirmishable weapon. They Do not have the longetivity of the TM from my experiences with them.
        "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Used t have the M3 Shorty, the barrel lengths are the same as the full length M3 it's just the outer barrel that is different.

Would always give it to someone as a renta gun with a bandolier and 13 shells, everyone loved it, one guy prefered to use that over some of my upgraded aeg's

If I had the cash right now I'd get the SPAS with folding stock and a similar amount of shells, one as a rock solid backup in case my AEG's go down, but mostly as a really good rentagun for someone wanting to get into the sport. They may sound harder to skirmish with, but some new players enjoy having to think about the shots they make, and the range is better than pretty much any rentagun out there.

One of the most satisfying guns to use as well. In my mind the best springers you can get.

I pretty much only play woodland as well, so that gives you an idea of how they work there, but we are all about the team play so guy with shotgun would be paired with MP5 man and given some pyro or something similar.
          Trader Feedback:-t0astie

Comment

Thats what I wanted to hear! I'd like to get a few mates into the sport, and would like a hard wearing and reliable gun to give them to have a go with.

So, worth the £165 odd?

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
              So, worth the £165 odd?
              Yarp.
              Originally posted by The Laughing Man
              Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

+1 on the SPAS....it's a great shotty - rock solid

3 shots doesn't sound too amazing, but it's deffo an advantage over the single shot alternatives. i got 2 kills with one shot at the weekend. which was nice

the action is very smooth and due to the lower fps, easier to 'cock' than the DE's

the DE M56 is really good for the money and has nice power/range, but i'd go full SPAS if i were you
                h e y d r i c h
                L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Yep, I bought a SPAS thinking I was going to be doing CQB a lot, but the site shut down and I ended up doing woodland with it. It's great fun, tho don't think that you are using a fire fight winning beast- the amount of time it takes for you to put out your 3 shots means that you need to rethink your tactics a bit. But yes, well worth the 165 pounds or how much you intend to spend
                  BOOM!

Comment

After 3 years ownership and it was second hand then the spas12 finally gave it up the other week, excellent weapon and well worth the £50 bargain that it was

Mine was chronoing at 280fps and as only 1 bb may actually strike someone they dont always feel it or hear it from a distance and I dont find it as effective as an aeg would be in the same situation (woodland & FIBUA), but that is a rare occurance, im running a clone at the moment and would probably get another tm shotty if a bargain comes up
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
                    airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by bongooldchap View Post
                      Mine was chronoing at 280fps and as only 1 bb may actually strike someone they dont always feel it or hear it from a distance
                      Heh, I find the opposite! I've hit folk at well over 15meters with my spas, and they have complained it's hot!! It's doing about the same, 280-300fps! They don't like it up 'em!!
                      Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
                      you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
                      eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

hmm thinking back I probably had it chronoed when I first received it and It just got lower and lower until its doing what its doing now and dribbled them out of the end which is why there seemed to be a possible lack of hit taking

looking back over the posts it says
                        'worth the £165 odd then?'
                        Im saying no, I wouldnt spend that type of money on this shotgun (tm spas 12) unless I absolutely had to have a spas 12, Im currently running a trishot china shotgun that was £60 (I think or less), looks and feels great and kicks ass
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
                        airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

Something must be wrong with my SPAS because it has NOWHERE near the range of my AEGs, and it's brand new.

Still, it's a great fun piece of kit and very accurate over the range you generally use it at.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                          Working...
                          X