New to airsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to airsoft

hi all, went airsofting for my first time last night with a few friends, it was great.
    so now im looking at buying my own kit ect..
    first things first... do i need to register for a license to get my own gun? ect.. as i dont want to have armed response round my house lol.
    Also were is the best place to buy the guns and equipment from, for a starter player.. but also want a half decent gun tho

Thanks

Re: New to airsoft

Welcome to the forum and sport mate, first of all - there is no airsoft 'license' You need to be able to prove you're over 18 and have a suitable defence against the VCRA, UKARA is to help retailers with sales.

Seeming as this forum is owned by Zeroone, we're not allowed to post any links to other retailers that may be in competition with Zeroone.

SRC gen III guns are very good for the price, depends on your budget.

Comment

Hey buddy,

First thing you need is a gun obviously id suggest the classic army or SRC sportlines as there robust and last a long time.

To buy a black gun you need a valid defence (Ukara license or similar) its worth googling and reading up on the VCR Act.

As for where to buy the sportlines you can try Zero one's shop (Link at the top of the website here =]) or ******* ***** but id reccomend here.

As for gear to start a good pair of boots is a 100% must dont want to step in a rabbit hole in a pair of trainers ^^

Also you want some camo called DPM which is basically british woodland you can get a shirt (or jacket) and trousers for 25 quidish.

Then id suggest a crossdraw assault vest which will usually have 3 mag pouches 3 pistol mag pouches and a holster for a pistol along with a velcro pouch for maps etc. (I use mine for my tobbaco = D)

The sportline guns can cost from 115-£200 id reccomend going for a 150 quidish gun and buying a couple of hi cap mags for them.

Most important is what bb's to use in your aeg (Automatic electric gun) you want HI GRADE .20g bb;s never use poor quality bb's or .12g as they will most likely screw up your gun. You can tell if there terrible by looking at a couple and if you can see the moulding in the pellet like a small line going around it then its poor quality

One more thing welcome to airsoft you now have no disposable income =]

regards

sam
      Originally Posted by balaclava ben
      i like to fill those cracks with the good old white stuff
      sigpic

Comment

As said there is NO license. It's called UKARA membership. Also it's the VCRA act you want to read up on. UKARA is NOT law, it's just a quick way for retailers to know that your a regular skirmisher. Site membership is sufficient when buying a Real Imitation Firearm (RIF). However not all shops sell to you unless you have UKARA. Best to phone around and see what's what. You do however have to be 18 and over to purchase any IF or RIF. IF being Two-Tone.

As for a starter rifle, the Sportsline versions of CA and ICS are the ones to look out for. They are very robust and don't cost an arm and a leg.

Comment

The A in VCRA stands for act its the Violent Crimes Reduction Act =]
          Originally Posted by balaclava ben
          i like to fill those cracks with the good old white stuff
          sigpic

Comment

First things you really should consider berfore looking at guns, is good boots, and eye protection.

Comment

If you want good boots you can pick up a new pair of Magnums for 60 quid?
              Bog standard sig with a mock up of my own gun, I think don't so

Comment

I'd go for SWAT's over Magnums. I've gone through my share of boots at work and i've found Magnums are comfortable but wear quickly. SWATS offer all the protection and looks and also feel like your wearing trainers (very comfy).. I'm currently using LOWA's. They're a tad expensive but i've been in mine day in and out for 2 years now and they are still holding strong and despite a scuff are still in excellent condition. Considering your only going to be skirmishing in them and not running around the town all day i'd say get a pair of SWATS

The Unit-13 Vipers are Recruiting
                Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Uni...92968847384478
                UK Airsoft Wiki Moderator

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

juice_josh Find out more about juice_josh
                Working...
                X