What type of gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of gas?

I have finally got my hands on a TM 1911 as my first pistol. It arrives in a couple of days. I got this little manual a mate gave to how i should look after it but it has nothing in it about type of gas.

Now i know there are all these gases about and they are the ones i know. Red gas, green, propane, 134a, and all the others

But which one to use on my 1911> i would like it to run around 300FPS

RXAM
    Originally posted by Jez@Devoted
    Dude, more to life than ranking up in a forum!
    sigpic

Re: What type of gas?

Most people run either Green Gas or Ultra Gas.

Green is more powerful, Ultra is slightly less so.

I'd suggest getting Ultra as it is less hard wearing the on the pistol. If you happy with performance, stick to it.

If you want more kick/power then move to Green.

Comment

Ultra is what im going to order and use in the summer then.

Oh i forgot to add what also it a better gas to use in the winter?
      Originally posted by Jez@Devoted
      Dude, more to life than ranking up in a forum!
      sigpic

Comment

Well I've seen winter gas that specifys not to be used above 15degrees or something wolf sell it but I really would lkie to know more abour it myself
        sigpic
        Armoury:Tm mp5/Ics m16/Spartac AK74U/Spartac AK pistol/m56c/Hfc m190/Tm m9 tactical master/Armourer works HX11/Dynatex BFG

Comment

What Jag said, though in the summer TM's run okay on 134a

Comment

what type of gas would you say cybergun blowback aps3 is closest to?
            been using that in my TM m9 since i got it but now im almost out of gas and need to find a replacement with about the same power.
            there is no indication on the can what it is.
            sigpic

Comment

Although some may disagree, I've never had an issue using Guarder Power Up Gas, apart from the nozzles on the cans being a bit delicate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumah View Post
                what type of gas would you say cybergun blowback aps3 is closest to?
                been using that in my TM m9 since i got it but now im almost out of gas and need to find a replacement with about the same power.
                there is no indication on the can what it is.
                its between a134, and green power wise afaik. I'd use green, or propane (cheaper in the long run) .A stock tm 1911 will run 240ish on a134 and 270ish on green/propane .With a tightbore barrel ,upgraded piston head ,upgrade rocket valve ,you can hit 300 without affecting the gas consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by heroshark View Post
                  its between a134, and green power wise afaik. I'd use green, or propane (cheaper in the long run) .A stock tm 1911 will run 240ish on a134 and 270ish on green/propane .With a tightbore barrel ,upgraded piston head ,upgrade rocket valve ,you can hit 300 without affecting the gas consumption.
                  So green would be ok then ? because on the site where i got the M9 (FS) it said dont use green gas in tm guns . just want to be safe i love my samurai edge
                  sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RXAM Bit of a military nut. I prefer mil-sim airsoft. Really into Namsoft and i have too much kit.... not guns just tactical cloths Find out more about RXAM
                  Working...
                  X