Buy this M14 or wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy this M14 or wait?

Currently been negotiating with a guy over his M14 buy the only problems are that ever so often it fires a BB to the side, He said that every 2 out of 100-200 shots the BB goes to the side still hits the target but to the side also after a full hi-cap on auto non veer to the side, This hop-up related? also his bolt is in place but for some reason doesn't swing back, Thanks
    Its a cyma M14 Full length not the socom
    Thanks for reading.
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Re: Buy this M14 or wait?

Just to say 2 in 100-200 is pretty good for a AEG!

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

mate,i would save up and get a second hand tm m14, and then your sorted, you wont have many problems with them and man the range is awsum
      sigpic

Comment

I'm currently limited to a certain amount and the tm's are out my price range later this year however im getting a gun from america and its alot cheaper and will be getting either that or a Pro-line M4 for or a TM M14 for a cheap price then so its currently this or wait for another M14 around 100 pounds thanks.
        I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Comment

there is always an amount of risk buying second hand,

however the fact the seller has said that 1/100 rounds is a little "off" suggests he is a good honest guy nit picking at the smallest detail, so i would go for it

Comment

its more likely to be the bbs than the hop, or the barrel needs a clean(with the hop off)
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Sparrow so i'm taking what you said (im a noob) taking the hop off of the barrel and fully cleaning it? thanks.

Comment

Also add the M14 socom into the mix difference between the two? just length? also socom worth paying 20 pounds more for? thanks.

Comment

no i mean with the hop still attached but with it adjusted so that it is turned off...otherwise if you try and poke something down the barrel with the little nub(which puts the friction on the bb) poking through, something with get damaged.... Richard

Comment

taken from ******* airsoft

Cleaning the Barrel

One of the most common factors leading to the loss of range and accuracy comes from dust and dirt buildup within the inner barrel. Once dirt builds up, it interferes and slows down the BB as it travels through the barrel, leaving you with less power and horrible accuracy. Also the lubricant from the cylinder may find its way into the barrel when a newly maintained AEG is operated, so cleaning the barrel is important even if you weren't shooting in a dirty environment. Cleaning is a must if you play a lot and doing so takes only a couple of minutes. Marui includes a cleaning rod with each of its AEGs. If you don't have one and use a rod made for real rifles (5.56mm) instead, make sure it's one piece to prevent scratching the barrel, and don't use any real gun solvents or brushes.
                    First you need to stick a piece of cotton into the "needle eye" of the cleaning rod, spray some silicon onto the piece of cotton, and then push it gently down the barrel. The most important thing to do before cleaning the barrel is adjusting the hop-up to minimum setting. If you leave the hop-up on and you try to force the cotton ball down the barrel right into the hop-up assembly, it may damage the hop up mechanism. After cleaning the barrel with a silicone patch, take a dry cleaning patch and repeat. If necessary, continue cleaning the barrel with clean dry patches until they come out as clean and dry as on the way in.

Comment

Thanks alot il get round to ordering one when i get the gun thanks :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nadrian Find out more about Nadrian
                      Working...
                      X