Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sniper advice

Hey,

Just after some advice on whether people think it is worth spending the etra money on a tm g spec over a jg bar 10 g spec?

- I have heard that money needs to be spent on upgrading the jg to the tm standard.

The rifle is a project that will eventually will be upgraded to the max.

I would like to hear peoples experiences with these rifles.

cheers
    tm m4 with madbull launcher, tm mp5k, kwc m11 a1.

Re: New Sniper advice

Good question acually....

Its probably worth getting JG and upgrade it.

Comment

I would have to disagree with owainthegreat on this, TM will not only be reliable as fook but also only requires a spring upgrade from standard. honestly i would opt for the TM any day of the week over the JG.

If you want you could PM mj23lj he sold a VSR that was upgraded to the max so definitely get on to him to find out if its worth it.
      Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

i attemted to have a 170sp spring in my vsr, it was a fail :P any way i agree that tms are the most reliable. thats my opinion

mke
        sharpshooter,not sniper.

Comment

totally agree with liquid snake you could end up spending more money on a jg bar 10 just to make it comparable to a Tm VSR if i where to be a sniper i would consider buying quality kit!

Comment

Worth mentioning the TM G-spec is as far as Im aware the 6mm hunter's weapon of choice-if they say its good Ill believe it :D
            Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

new sniper rifle is either a tm vsr or the gpec

very nice to use . could whack a 130 sp spring in or even a 150 and still be good mate . look on the tech section on these forums or pm .

either sniper kitty (rachel) , mj23lj (alex) , me or bitchtits(pete)

be very happy to help as most of the guys n gals on the forums

defo a tm for firt sniper rifle mate as youd save money for about a year til need to replace any or upgrade parts . .

Comment

Just to reinforce what Liquid_snake & guard-sniper87 have said (plus giving my own 2 cents)...

JG's are GREAT rifles (I loved mine), but that's IF you are just buying it to only throw in a new TB, bucking and cut the air break. After that, it's TM every time. Considering the price gap between the 2 in the UK isn't very big, it's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. The ONLY reason I actually bought a JG is because I wanted a rifle to muck around with and because it cost me less than £70 inc shipping from HK (before the recession).

After having both, simply because of better barrel stability, I'd choose a G-Spec over a Pro or Real Shock model every time. As you'll be replacing the barrel, you can easily run a longer barrel into the G-Spec silencer (I modified a silencer to fit a barrel spacer inside for even better stability).

I hope that helps, and good luck with your sniper rifle.

Alex (mj23lj)

p.s. One thing that I would emphasize (in my opinion), is that you cannot build a successful "budget" sniper rifle. Sniper rifles are expensive if you want good results (that is; a rifle that can hit out to 60m+, and is reliable).
                Trader Feedback:
                New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

123standish Find out more about 123standish
                Working...
                X