Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbing silicone lubricant spray

Hey
    last time i was at my local site i asked about what stuff i could use to clean the barrel on my gun as the bbs where coming out with black skidmarks on them. They said that the silicone lubricant spray you can get from plumbing shops is just as good as the silicone lube you buy especially for airsoft. That was great because my dad is a plumber so i asked him to pick me up a can. anyway he just brought some around for me and i just wanted to double check with you guys on here if its 100% fine to use in my gun and wont damage the hop rubber or any other parts as its not really made for airsoftguns

Thanks
    sigpic

Re: Plumbing silicone lubricant spray

i use the stuff from plumb centre as well as the silicone grease for pipe fittings its pure silicone so no probs and alot cheaper
    m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Yep, anything that is pure silicone will be just fine. You can buy large cans of the stuff from bike shops. Apparently they sometimes use it for oiling bike chains. They also do anti-fog spay for bike helmets, which works a treat in glasses/goggles. As far as I know the plumbers stuff is fine too. You may need to run a dry cloth down the barrel afterwards if it turns out to be particularly thick. You only want a thin coating of oil inside the barrel.

As a side note, for gear greese, I like to go for Halfords multi-purpose lithium. Extremely cheap, and works fine.

Comment

i have some 3 in 1 silicone spray, anyone know if you can use that

Comment

yes the 3in1 silicone is pure silicone, designed for use on plastics
          m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

the only markings on the can i have are " hunter silicone lubricant spray 300ml SC967" on the back it says its for plastic pvc plumbing . would guess this is pure silicone right?
            sigpic

Comment

Yep it'll be pure silicone lubricant. Any lubricating spray for plastics/rubber will be sillicone based as mineral oils and lubricants react with plastics and rubber and cause them to break down over time.

Also as Screwdriver says the 3 in 1 silicone that's available from Halfords/B&Q is perfect and is really cheap compared to airsoft specific marketed products I've been using that for nearly 2 years now and had no problems whatsoever.

Also the 3 in 1 white lithium spray grease is really good for lubing gearbox internals and slides/moving parts on pistols :D
              There's no place like sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Comment

will have to pick me up some of this as im a plumber !!!

http://www.ukaircav.com

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dumah Find out more about Dumah
                Working...
                X