1911 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Question

I'm thinking about getting my first GBB pistol and I have absolutely no idea really about the internals of them. I have my eye on the WE 1911 Tactical (Railed) pistol but have read the WE 1911's have some problems. I have also read that TM 1911's are a lot more reliable and generally are better but, they don't make a railed 1911 so here's my question.

Can you take internals from say a TM 1911 and put them into another 1911 like the WE 1911 Tactical.

Baring in mind I have no idea about GBB's so don't be harsh about my 'nooby' question

Cheers, Ash
    TM SOPMOD [Fully Upgraded] | TM VSR [M40A3]

Re: 1911 Question

Internals arent all the same between WE and TM, so I'd get a TM and get a screw-on rail for it. Anyway, 1911s aren't really meant for tactical lights n' stuff

Comment

Pretty much, yes. The WE1911 is *almost* a direct clone of the TM 1911. The main part which is not interchangeable are the magazines. All the important bits... Barrel, hop, slide, loading nozzle, piston lid, recoil spring, hammer, trigger, trigger bar, valve knocker... the list goes on. Are interchangeable.

Comment

i have a we 1911.. good bit of kit--solid rugged and reliable with a nice adjustable hop. you wont be hurting yourself if you get one. AS for the Marui, reliabilty will be good but price will be a lot higher.

Comment

AFAIK, the WE single-stack 1911s are based on Hi-Capa internals and thus the magazines are not interchangeable with TM mags. The WE guide rod plug cannot be used with a TM guide rod (or vice versa).

I fitted a TM 1911 slide (with all the internals inside the slide) onto a WE frame. It worked but didn't sound healthy and wasn't smooth at all.

By the way, TM do make a railed 1911 (Night Warrior).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AshUMP Find out more about AshUMP
          Working...
          X