Collapse

Whats the best M1911 for a VN setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats the best M1911 for a VN setup?

My stock TM1911A1 had a regular at my site fooled it was metal. Only a ding on the slide from when I dropped it convince him it was plastic.

I ran it on Green last winter - no problems down to at least -0.5C.

Comment

Most people on here will know my dislike of TM products. Not in this case though. The TM 1911 is a fantastic piece of kit. Leave it stock, and don't stick any Guarder parts on it. I did and I regret it now.

Here's a pic with the full Guarder upgrade. £150 and it adds nothing in the way of authenticity or performance as I can see. Possibly the only advantage is that it give you a more realistic weight.

The TM parkerised finish is better than the Guarders, and you will be hard pressed to tell the difference from the real steel colour. The darker coloured parts are TM's original parts which you have to use with the Guarder kit.

One problem with the kit I have is that the hammer catches the back of the slide occasionally, actually quite often tbh. I have somewhat fixed it by shaving a little of the metal from the hammer. It still does it but not as often.

Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
        I have a WE and I have no confidence in it working in less than t shirt weather.
        It won't I have had the WE and the TM, and the TM was massively better by a country mile. The WE had nothing but problems, bad cycling and feeding, awful cool down (I rarely got the entire mag off) and the Hammer sprng can slip and cause it to either not shoot or fire the entire mag on full auto.

TM are plastic but they work the entire year round, and it is a much better performer full stop, more gas in the mags, more rounds in the mags, more accurate, more range, replacement parts that you can actually get hold of and the metal parts are steel not crappy monkey metal that breaks.

Also a common problem for the WE one is the mag catch breaking. And I could not find a replacement for love nor money until some one split an old one down for parts.

Comment

As far as I am aware I believe the TM is a composite plastic and can handle green gas no problems. That's what I used before changing to the Guarder kit, and never had a problem.
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I ran propane in my Desert Warrior with no issues what so ever. Was hot weather too at 27c average.

Comment

Bell 1911, Got 6 on the team and they are the dogs doo dahs.

Not quite the winter performance of the tm but much nicer kick, feel, sound, and look. They even have individual serials and full trades..

Oh and FWIW the A1 had Bakelite grips not wood.

If your into the nam scene now shoot me a pm if you need help with kit

Ta

Dave

Comment

Last I heard, the Bells have paint in the trades...

Comment

My WE and the 5 dog company use have never given us any problems and this is in all weathers. Personally I love mine and would still recommend them to anyone.

Comment

TMs may be plastic but they still look sexy

Don't worry about using them with propane/green either. I've had one since they came out and have used it in 5° and below winters to 35°+ summers without a problem.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Noel27Belfast My names Noel, im from Belfast in Northern Ireland and im a rookie Airsoft Enthusiast Find out more about Noel27Belfast
                    Working...
                    X