New Starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Starter

not many people wear helmets, there not Practical.

Comment

I've had my fair share of eyewear but my favourite and current is the ESS NVG profile goggles £70 new but usually come on this forum for a bargain price of around £25.

Comment

They do look pretty good!

Comment

Originally posted by Rh1no View Post
          Would getting a helmet and vest be a waste of time this early on in my new airsofting hobby?
          Well, yes and no. You can continue to use them when you've acrued more gear and your own rifle etc.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about a helmet, unless you're going for a specific look, or loadout, and you might find it too cumbersome. You may find a baseball cap, beanie, boonie, beret or scarf/shemagh a more comfortable (and much cheaper) option.

As others have said, you probably won't need a vest either, for your first few skirmishes. Most sites that offer rental packages will include a full face mask, and I would still advise a full mesh mask either way. They can be had for cheap on The Bay, and your site probably has a few to sell too.

What you've picked sounds all pretty good. I'd echo what everyone else has said, in that as long as you've got your eyes and feet well protected, you'll be just fine to start with.
          Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Looks like my first event will now be on the 6th Feb with Delta Team 3. Will be ordering the bolle goggles and some headwear on payday

Comment

Viper Assault vest is great, but if you want lots of mobility go for webbing. I use PLCE webbing for woodland airsoft and my Viper Assault vest for urban and tunnels.
              Originally posted by psirus101
              I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Originally posted by MiloXC3 View Post
                Viper Assault vest is great, but if you want lots of mobility go for webbing. I use PLCE webbing for woodland airsoft and my Viper Assault vest for urban and tunnels.
                Sounds good. I wish I still had my 95 webbing but that got stole by someone from my old ACF detatchment. I've found a place selling the olive green Viper assault vest at £20 so I am very tempted to get this to go with my 95 shirt and trousers......hmmmmmm.

Comment

Well opted against the vest and buying goggles and all that jazz.

Got my S95 Shirt & Trousers ready, awaiting delivery of some PLCE Webbing which I may take along to my first event on Sunday, although the webbing will be used for both airsoft and also another role I am soon to have.

Comment

Went to my first game today....brilliant!!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rh1no Find out more about Rh1no
                    Working...
                    X