Advice Needed, again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Needed, again

OK , i know theres millions of threads on this but not one of them has been conclusive, so
    What are the pros and cons of the below weapons,
    ARES L85A2 new 2010 version

ARES L86a2 LSW.

ICS L85a2

Which is better Lsw , l85 and why,?

AND Which is better Ics, or ARES and why.?

Re: Advice Needed, again

If I'm not mistaken the difference between the L85a2 and L86a2 is basically just the barrel length and bipod, so nothing that really affects anything...

There's video on youtube that compares the Ares L85a2 and ICS L86a2, I realise this is the opposite way round of what you're asking but as mentioned the L85 and L86 should be vertually the same so really you're just looking at the gun itself and the manufacturer.

He's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55UCMp__JVs

Pretty sure the ICS comes out on top, the vid will explain anyway.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Just seen that you're also looking at the 2010 addition? Don't think that's covered in the vid tbh, still worth a look though.

Comment

Thanks mate, , can somebody tell me Pros and Cons, ICS And Ares L85, and feedback on the ARES LSW in general.

Comment

Ive never used and Ares, but I bought an ICS L85A2 very recently and am extremely happy with it

Comment

from the one million other threads just like this one :p I've picked up ares is the way to go...

Comment

I need reasons..lol explanations and such.

Comment

have you tried the search function on this site though, there are millions of best l85 threads so why should I bother to add detail if you can't be bothered to search?

Comment

to be honest your going to get everyone saying totally different things, personally i own the ICS and i think its great & pratical.

its your choice at the end of the day...... there both sa80's and do what there ment to

as for pro's and con's for the Ics

Pros: Adjutable power, you can fit a large batt in the handguard, locking bolt, super accuracy, good rate of fire....etc

Cons: a bit heavy, But i like that....

the l86 differs from the l85 in that it has a rear grip, shorter handguard, Longer outer barrel, Bipod. Personnaly i'd choose the L85, its perfect for urban + woodland (509mm barrel, Same as a M16. But loads shorter)
                Last edited by gundude; 1 October, 2010, 11:54.
                Originally posted by massey666
                I wouldnt worry mate, a quick shot in the garden wont make a whole SAS team jump out the bushes and fill you full of lead :P

Comment

Oliver can you read, I did search and said all the threads were in conclusive, . now could you please enlighten me? And Thanks to the man above, Any more?

Comment

if your looking for a conclusive answer you simply wont find one, there are far to many variables.

Do what i did go to a shop, play with them both and choose that way, i spent an honest 3 months reading up on them both, but the information on the web is unreliable to say the least. so i ended up looking at both versions and ICS won.

There both good guns but the ARES seem prone to loosing body pins. Other than that its the only conclusive information i got from the web & from ARES owners

Build wise there both great and will do what you need them too. Either choice i think you will be happy.
                    I wouldnt worry mate, a quick shot in the garden wont make a whole SAS team jump out the bushes and fill you full of lead :P

Comment

they where pretty conclusive to me...

anyway to reiterate what has been said a million times
                      *pretty good internals
                      -metal gearbox
                      *insanely good externals
                      -steel externals apparently very solid and realistic...
                      -bolt lock release function
                      *very well built

Comment

THANKS OLLIE AND GUNDUDE , My very last question to make my mide up. which one lookes most like the real steel in every way?

Comment

well the main reason every one loves the ares is because it is apparently a beautiful replica
                          read bravotwozero's review on this site...
                          EDIT: here's a link

Comment

you'd have to be pretty anal about the minor details they both look real steel end of :P

Comment

ok lol, thanks guys, ive made my mind up.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iloveairsoftsniping Find out more about iloveairsoftsniping
                              Working...
                              X