Pepakura and airsoft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepakura and airsoft?

Just wondering if you think a Pepakura body kit (or partial kit) would stand up to a skirmish? For those that dont know what perakura is think 110lb card-stock folded into a net (lots of halo Armour is done this way) glued all together then covered in resin and maybe bondo for parts that need detail adding. If this wouldnt stand upto it any suggestions on an easy to work with medium that will? Thanks
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Re: Pepakura and airsoft?

Are we talking LARP or airsoft?

Comment

Airsoft
      I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Comment

I should rephrase im wondering if the pepakura kit could take the hit if covered in bondo? thanks

Comment

Pepakura is just the genic name for the base construction.

I'm guessing your talking about a helmet and body armor or are you on about a AEG external??

With anything its the finish that will determine how robust the finished result will be.
          Its possible to contruct pepakura that will stop a real bullet IF you use a kevlar/resin over your core

If you use some sort of resin with fibre reinforcement on any weak spots and water proof it with varnish it will be plenty strong enough for skirmishing.

Comment

Thanks i was thinking around either a recon like mask and someone posted up a pretty nifty gun shell that looks about the right size for an M14. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Nadrian View Post
              I should rephrase im wondering if the pepakura kit could take the hit if covered in bondo? thanks
              Build a small part of it and shoot it point blank...Easiest way to test it. when you paint and varnish it it will be even stronger

Comment

If you resin it then use fibreglass to build up the thickness it should be fine.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nadrian Find out more about Nadrian
                Working...
                X