What is this gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this gas?

A couple of weeks a ago i got a TM1911 and asked the question on the forum what gas should i use. I have been told to use Abbey Predator ULTRA gas. but my local supplier is out of it and all the have left is Abbey Predator Maintainance gas and i need gas for this Saturday.

So what is Abbey Predator Maintainance gas what fps will my 1911 do when uses and what pros and cons for useing it?

RXAM
    Originally posted by Jez@Devoted
    Dude, more to life than ranking up in a forum!
    sigpic

Re: What is this gas?

maintence gas is for looking after the seals and such mate and maintaining the mags integrity from what i have learned anyways,i wouldnt advise useing it as a main gas in your pistol,if its plastic frame ultra but if you have a metal frame you could use green or kickass gas in it.
    why cant we all just get along??

Comment

It isnt a skirmish gas.
      Its more for lubing mag seals, gun seals.
      I beleive it has a high oil content.

Comment

You "should" run a mag of maintenance gas through every 10 fills of normal gas, according to guidelines... I know people that have NEVER used it though.

Comment

It's not a bad thing to have around. Personally, I just use a spray of silicone onto the seals and a quick squirt of it down the top valve after each game (or every 2-3 weeks if the guns hasn't been used) and then top-off with whichever gas I'm using at the time. But, having maintenance gas around saves that hassle.

If you site has a shop, then buy from them at the weekend. If not, and this is all you can get, then go ahead and use it. It won't do any harm, but the power won't be as good as you're used to and the hop will probably need a good clean afterwards (as well as not working as well as normal) due to the coating of silicone it will get.
          sigpic

Comment

Cheers for the quick reply guys. So the maintenance gas like it says it the its name looks after the gas.
            I have had a bit more of a deeper search on there website and they a gas called Cyber Gun and it meant to be used between temperatures of 4c-18c what this like. Ohh and My 1911 is just a normal one with the plastic slide. This weekend was going to be the fist time useing it.
            Im going to The Mall on Saturday for the mil-sim and there shop will be closed.
            Originally posted by Jez@Devoted
            Dude, more to life than ranking up in a forum!
            sigpic

Comment

as long as you dont put red gas in it you'll be fine .Stock tms will handle green ,& propane fine. Cyber is just below green ,as is kickass. Then you have predator, & a134. I Dont advise maintainance .Its expensive compaired to normal silicone spray ,and most purpose mixed airsofy gasses contain enough silicone to maintain your guns anyway.
              Last edited by heroshark; 5 October, 2010, 14:31.

Comment

Ive got a good question related to this actually.

Just switched over to propane in my hi capa. at the moment twice a day i give the propane adapter nozzle a breeze through with silicone gun oil, then fill up with propane. At the end of the day, I then stick my old gas in, kickass, as far as I was aware this was like the abbey gasses and still have a little bit of silicone in as well. I also use this gas to store gas in the mags when not in use to keep pressure on the seals and keep them working.

Would this maintenance gas be better for that purpose, or is it designed to be blown through the mag or is it better for storing and keeping the mag in pristine condition when not in use?

Comment

If you are going to the Mall they will have gas available. I have just checked with my son, who is a marshal there, and as far as he is aware the shop will be in attendance.

He informed me however, that whether the shop is there or not, gas will be available on the day as since it is mil sim, most guns wil be gas. The gas they sell is Ultra air. Basically it is a green gas and distributed by ASG.
                  Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RXAM Bit of a military nut. I prefer mil-sim airsoft. Really into Namsoft and i have too much kit.... not guns just tactical cloths Find out more about RXAM
                  Working...
                  X