New pistol...hmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pistol...hmm

Well the good lady decided she was going to buy me a pistol at the end of the month. I'm undecided what to get and wondering if there are any pistols you'd recommend.

What I would prefer is if the pistol was one of these models with full metal or metal slide at least.

Glock
    USP
    1911/varient

Cheers lads.
    Get it right roon ye!

Re: New pistol...hmm

TM MEU 1911 or TM SIG P226 - both made of high quality plastic and very very good, KJW SIG P226 - Full Metal, well constrtucted, nice crisp to it
    AA R75 - Full Metal Version of tm meu 1911, nice clank to it, possibly needs to be well maintained but very good

Comment

Glock 18 is a nice bit of kit, a few upgrades and they can be immense, though you need a few 50rd mags for it to be practical. Mates got one and I've seen people fear it.
      Though you can't beat the pure reliability of the good old 1911 range. Stack loads of after market parts so you could make it truly yours. My pistol of choice by the way.

Comment

Id go with a KJW p226 brilliant gun, mine has seen some serious use and is still going strong.
        Get TM mags as spares though they hold more gas and fit better.

Comment

One important thing though, has your lovely lady set a budget?

Comment

I would honestly say don't bother with anything other than TM, from my experience they are miles ahead of almost any other make and will work pretty much the year round unlike alot of metal pistols which suffer alot from the cold.

Plus the TM P226 is a very good gun as is their 1911 range.

Comment

I'd grab a TM Mk23
              No blowback, but a pleasure to use

Comment

Originally posted by grey View Post
                I'd grab a TM Mk23
                No blowback, but a pleasure to use
                +1.
                HELP ME I'M LOST!!!

Only the unknown are truly alone.

Comment

Mk23's are good but a little on the large side. Though fun with the suppressor.

Agreed on the TM. Best possibly for upgrades and such as well.
                  Though I know a few that think KJW are the mutts.

Though saying all that my most reliable work horse to date is my 3yr old WE1911. It's been really put through it's paces, urban night games in rain, icy morning, you name it and never missed a beat and sell good to go. Admittedly, they are not exactly a glamourous make, have no trades and are pretty heavy but they work.

Comment

My vote is for the KSC System 7 .45 USP.

I have been through several pistols. 1911, P226, Glock 18, Tactical Master, DE and various manufacturers. TM included but in the end the KSC has been the one that won out. I use it all of the time and the gas performance is generally good until you drop into the sub 5 Degree's area. For those colder days I have the TM AEP version so I never need to remove the Molle mount Black Hawk off my vest.

If you play all year round and want only one holster I strongly suggest that you look for something that is available in GBB and Electric.

If you want an AEP as well then TM is the only way to go.
                    Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
                    Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
                    Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Toad View Post
                      One important thing though, has your lovely lady set a budget?
                      Indeed she has not :D

I've been looking at some TM 226's and although I've had TM before and know how good the quality of ABS is I just prefer a metal slide/full metal body.

Cheers for the suggestions so far guys, keep 'em coming.
                      Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Maybe get yourself a KJW P226 then? Full metal and ive heard they are used by SIG for training purposes? (dont hold me to that!)

Comment

KWA M9 PTP all said
                          rockinrobin

This is ICS telling you that magpul should be burned and not fitted!

Comment

get a full metal detonics, something a wee bit different

Or get a hi-capa and turn it into a race pistol

Comment

KJW P226 i own one and there great, i havent found them to suffer with cold issues as much as some. Nice crisp action, good power on propane & fairly accurate out the box.
                              Originally posted by massey666
                              I wouldnt worry mate, a quick shot in the garden wont make a whole SAS team jump out the bushes and fill you full of lead :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Barlow My names William, I'm 24 and I'm an airsoftaholic Find out more about Barlow
                              Working...
                              X