recovering two tone guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recovering two tone guns

hi there, im new her and just had a quick question.

im not current registered as an airsoft member so dont have a vcra card. i know i can buy a gun but it has to be two toned. the question really is can i change the colour back to normal once i get my vcra card.

many thanks

Re: recovering two tone guns

there have been a lot of threads likes this you should either google it or use the "search bar" at the top,

there is a lot of confrontation about this, at my site (EAG DORKING) once you have been 3 times they let you spray your guns but other sites may vary : )

War Is Just Another Way For Americans To Learn Geography

Comment

Wow, Shizz, nice way to greet a person with your opening line to the response!

:D

Welcome to ZeroIn, as long as you don't mind having to reply to answers to your threads so quickly then you'll be okay! Anyways, I think that as far as the law goes, you CAN spray a gun to black after you've skirmished 3 times in less than 6 months, and have obtained your UKARA number.

However, as there are concerns from Authorities, who have witnessed that Two - Tone guns CAN be used to skirmish with, more and more sites these days are disallowing the use of Two Tones on - site, because of the threat of RIF's being banned (full stop!).

Regards, Matt.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Guns sol as 2-tone MUST remain that way, regardless of whether you're registered. If you repaint a 2tone to look like a RIF, it becomes manufacturing. And that's illegal. It also works the same if you turn a RIF into an IF. (so any airsoft store offering to turn a RIF into a 2tone is breaking the law)

So, in short 2tone MUST remain a 2tone. And a RIF must remain as a RIF.

Comment

Turning a RIF into a two tone is illegal???

I don't think so...

When you say, "manafacturing", you know its, "manafacturing a RIF"?

Comment

sorry for hijacking the thread but im now looking for a metal kit and was just wondering what rules apply if you were to build a gun from scratch? most shops dont ask for age or ukara when purchasing gearboxes/components and metal bodies.
            Originally posted by owainthegreat
            You sir, are a potato.

Comment

2tones must be manufactured at the point of conception in that colour, as it states in the VCRA, to spray a RIF 2tone is modifying.

from the VCRA directly:

A person is guilty of an offence if-

a. he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;
              b. he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm

Comment

Now that would be manafacturing a RIF!

(To rwardle33)

Comment

Originally posted by starscream View Post
                  2tones must be manufactured at the point of conception in that colour, as it states in the VCRA, to spray a RIF 2tone is modifying.

from the VCRA directly:

A person is guilty of an offence if-

a. he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;
                  b. he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm

Theres no law in spraying a RIF two tone.

The only offence is if a RIF is manafactured or if a Twotone is made into a RIF. Not the other way round.

Comment

Originally posted by starscream View Post
                    Guns sol as 2-tone MUST remain that way, regardless of whether you're registered. If you repaint a 2tone to look like a RIF, it becomes manufacturing. And that's illegal. It also works the same if you turn a RIF into an IF. (so any airsoft store offering to turn a RIF into a 2tone is breaking the law)

So, in short 2tone MUST remain a 2tone. And a RIF must remain as a RIF.
                    Sorry mate, thats just wrong, the airsofter's defense protects regarding trading, manufactuer and importation- you can do all three with our specific defense, as long as you had said defense, spraying a two tone black is completely legal
                    G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                    RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by aeviv View Post
                      Sorry mate, thats just wrong, the airsofter's defense protects regarding trading, manufactuer and importation- you can do all three with our specific defense, as long as you had said defense, spraying a two tone black is completely legal
                      Yep, as long as you are covered by the defense, you are able to spray a two-tone black to make it a RIF. You are covered by the defence if you are a member of an airsoft skirmish site, and are over 18. One way to prove this is via a UKARA registration, where you need your site membership, can prove that you have skirmished NO LESS than 3 times in NO LESS than two months, and of course you're 18.
                      WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Originally posted by littlejimz View Post
                        hi there, im new her and just had a quick question.

im not current registered as an airsoft member so dont have a vcra card. i know i can buy a gun but it has to be two toned. the question really is can i change the colour back to normal once i get my vcra card.

many thanks
                        The simple answer is yes, you can change the colour of the gun once you can prove your entitlement to the defence.

Comment

I think the fact that the fact that you cannot buy an airsoft gun without a VCRA even if you have a shotgun and firearm licence is stupid. I have both and own a .308 AW (basically an l96) but i cannot buy the airsoft version WTF...!
                          Just because you can doesn't mean you should......

Comment

Originally posted by Bezza806 View Post
                            I think the fact that the fact that you cannot buy an airsoft gun without a VCRA even if you have a shotgun and firearm licence is stupid. I have both and own a .308 AW (basically an l96) but i cannot buy the airsoft version WTF...!
                            what are you complaining about? just skirmish with those :p
                            Originally posted by owainthegreat
                            You sir, are a potato.

Comment

its my understanding that one you are UKARA registered you can convert a two-tone to an RIF, but guys why go to the bother of using spray paint that you will probably have to keep respraying every so often? When I got my UKARA I just used kitchen paper and surgical spirit to rub off the bright blue paint and it works just fine. You need a toothbrush to get in the nooks and crannies but then you have a colour match all over, if using paint the shades may vary!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

littlejimz Find out more about littlejimz
                              Working...
                              X