Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBBR or Recoil AEG

Hello all,

Have a bit of money to spend on a new gun and have been looking at a few different ones, and i am completely struggling to make up my mind.

I know there is probably quite a few threads on this subject but i need a definate answer to this question, which is better? AEG with recoil or GBBR?

The only criteria for the new gun is it must have recoil and a bolt stop function

The guns i have been looking at are:

AEG with recoil: TM M4 CQBR FDE with recoil -

GBBR: G&P WOC Magpul Sentry Black

So really i am looking for people who have had experience using these guns and your thoughts on owning and using them.
    Do i take the pluge and get a GBBR, which seem to be the way things are going due to them operating more like a real firearm than an aeg, or do i get an aeg which are easier to live with compared with a GBBR.

Thank you in advance for the help given in helping me chose my next gun.

Re: GBBR or Recoil AEG

TM recoil any day. Can't fault them. Incredible. Get one.

Comment

Yeah same, for skirmishing the tm sopmod and recoil lines are in a league of their own. Prob with gbbr is they can be temprimental, plus they obviously dont like the cold as theyr gas. They are really fun tho, give a more realistic sound than elec. So, to sum up, in my opinion, gbbr's are fun if your just guna play with it in your garden, and like all the realism stuff, but for skirmishing ect its elec all the way.
      Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
      Thats why i lopped mine off! :D

Comment

I used a GBBr Scar for the GZ Weekender. When i got it working properly it was alot of fun. But it's a bugger to reload in the field, under fire. Also full auto even in the summer doesn't work well

Comment

Tough call.

I was talking to one of my team mates about the gbbr's as I was thinking of getting one. He confirmed what Hunter has said. They are good fun but need loads of monety chucking at them out of the box to get them on par with a high end aeg.

But saying that, if you look at all the guys who have the TM Sopmod. I recall several people saying they were on par with the Systema and don't need upgrading. But then when you read the thread all you read is upgrading...So..Unfortunatly you will have to make your own mind up on that one....
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

AEG recoil all the way

Comment

GBBRs aren't a problem most of the time. I've used mine when it was about 5 degrees and it was hitting 350 fps consistently, with no cool down problems.

The only issues I've had have been mag ones. I like to strip all my gas mags and upgrade any o rings that look dodgy as well as ptfe taping the threads. None of the 8 mags I bought for my gbbr needed any work, but I overtightened the fill valve on 2 of them damaging them beyond repair.

Other than that the only problems I've had have been self inflicted. I broke a hop unit putting a mag in at a funny angle and didn't grip the bolt correctly causing the npas to unscrew.

I've had a play with a sopmod, and they are very nice, but they are nowhere as realistic as a GBBR. Out of the box performance will always depend on the gun and it makes me laugh that people are comparing TM guns costing hundreds of pounds with GBBRs and not allowing for the fact that in many cases the only experience they have of them is a cheap clone. If you ignore the TB, hop, grips and sight then my AK cost about 400 pounds with 3 mags. That's about the same as a sopmod and I skirmished it out of the box with no problems.

People don't think twice about buying a GBB pistol over an AEP, but where rifles are concerned they just repeat what they have heard. I've used gas pistols below freezing and given the chance I'll try my GBBR. Green and an NPAS should solve most problems, if not there are always CO2 mags!
              sigpic

Comment

IMO TM Sopmod all the way.
                Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve

while it still exists, it's secrets time! I secretly enjoy wearing silk lingerie. ok who's next?

Comment

Thank you evereybody for all your replies, i have today ordered the TM CQB-R with recoil.
                  A gas rifle is definately not off for me, i will at some point own a gas rifle, i think at the minute the AEG is the best way for me to go.

So once again thank you everybody for your help, it is very much appreciated.
                  My new toy should be hear in a couple of days.

Comment

Sorry to raise an old thread, but can you tell us how you got on with your purchase?
                    AIRSOFT WEAPONS M4 (recoil)sigpic

Comment

I am very happy with my purchase, i have kept the gun internally standard for now, will upgrade later, but not yet.
                      The range out of the box is fantastic, the recoil is excellent, not hard but enough to make the gun more fun, the bolt catch function is one of my favorite features, really handy as i use black bb's which are hard to tell if your gun is still firing or not.
                      Only one downside to the gun, is the batteries, they are a bugger to charge, you have to charge them slowly, and don't last as long as a normal battery, but you can get the cells changed to up the V and Amh, which is what i will be doing shortly then the gun will be as sweet as a nut.

Comment

I am very happy with my purchase, i have kept the gun internally standard for now, will upgrade later, but not yet.
                        The range out of the box is fantastic, the recoil is excellent, not hard but enough to make the gun more fun, the bolt catch function is one of my favorite features, really handy as i use black bb's which are hard to tell if your gun is still firing or not.
                        Only one downside to the gun, is the batteries, they are a bugger to charge, you have to charge them slowly, and don't last as long as a normal battery, but you can get the cells changed to up the V and Amh, which is what i will be doing shortly then the gun will be as sweet as a nut.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

savill9 I was born, i grew up, i will die, Job Done Find out more about savill9
                        Working...
                        X