Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice M4 Platform (do it all) 350fps, . reliable .. Lightweight / polymer

Hi

I've currently got a Aeres Ameoba 007. It's shooting 240fps. I only have Nimh battery. I have a few used mid-caps but mainly use hi-caps. At this point, I just want to sell what I have and buy a new rifle which is built/made to deal with 350fps... ideally great out the box or a solid platform I can build on for a few cheap performance upgrades (hop up, barrel e.g.). Or a used rifle with all the mods. I don't mind new or used. I don't really have a budget, I just don't want to spend money unneccesarily. I enjoy DIY and have loads of general tools.... so modifications aren't scary but I don't want to waste money.

So essentially the shortlist of what I -think- I'm looking for:

- M4 Platform

- Will use EPM1 Mags (seem the best to me?.. advice on this?)

- Metal gearbox

- 350FPS for UK sites

- shoot .28 / .30 for woods and wind/range

- Mainly semi-auto... possibly some full auto but not bothered about giga RPS. Tend not to be a sprayer.

- Reliable

- Lightweight / polymer body.

- Mixed woods/CQB... do it all

- Short/shorter style rifle maybe best for use? (do it all)

- not too sure on batteries but 11.1v lipo sounds nice

- anything else I've missed??

I wear a DYE i4 mask and would like to continue to. I understand I may need an adaptor for the stock

There's lot of options I'm honestly a bit lost with exactly what I should get... when I look at some things people recommend they are out of stock. I don't mind buying used but sometimes it's difficult to find the right deal. Also, I tend not to simply get bored of things, I just appreciate something very functional and I think this list is pretty good if there's something that meets everything.

Apologies if I've missed some sticky but would really like to hear your thoughts on some examples. Would apprecaite it if you could keep it pragmatic... im not a pro and have tried to research this myself

Thanks!

Do you want an M4 or a rif that takes M4 (stanag) mags?
    if it's a rif that takes M4 mags and polymer body I'd recommend a Scar L, as for brand that's really down to your budget and depends on if you want accurate trade marks, also I wouldn't recommend an 11 v lipo, I would suggest a 7.4 that has over 50 amps I use one in my TM scar l that is 70amps it's very snappy and lasts all day
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
      Do you want an M4 or a rif that takes M4 (stanag) mags?
      if it's a rif that takes M4 mags and polymer body I'd recommend a Scar L, as for brand that's really down to your budget and depends on if you want accurate trade marks, also I wouldn't recommend an 11 v lipo, I would suggest a 7.4 that has over 50 amps I use one in my TM scar l that is 70amps it's very snappy and lasts all day
      Just something that takes M4 mags as they are most common. I think where I'm lost is the amount of brands and sub-models. I'm doing my research but there is a lot on the market. Not bothered about how it looks or trademarks... but I understands sometimes spending more means better resale... on the otherhand, it's not always true and I could be wasting money. I want something I can keep.

Comment

Well what do you think of the scar aesthetically wise ?

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
          Well what do you think of the scar aesthetically wise ?
          looks fine to me

Comment

Btw you do realise for under £100 you can get your current rif to perform to your specifications, even less if you do it yourself.

ZCI inner barrel £20
            New spring £10
            Hop rubber and nub £15
            Deans and new battery £25

Or for a little bit more you can get the mods done and add a decent mosfet

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by airsoftOT View Post

looks fine to me
              Ok just watch some YouTube comparison videos and find one you like, Cyma,VFC, ARES, to name a few

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

airsoftOT Find out more about airsoftOT
              Working...
              X