ICS Sportline or G&G GR series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS Sportline or G&G GR series

Hi all im looking at possibly getting a cheaper M series RIF and was wondering if any one had any expereience with either the ICS sportsline or the G&G plastic series (blowback) as they are both around £150.00
    "You know mother, life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. Your life however is more like a box of ACTIVE GRENADES!"

Re: ICS Sportline or G&G GR series

My mate has an ICS M4 SIR sportline, it has a great ROF and for a plastic gun is quite nice but he is on his 3rd piston as it had a habit of shredding the teeth
    TM/G&P MK14 Mod 0, G&P SR16 URX Shorty, TM Glock 18c GBB, DE L128A1

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with g&g as its the model im siding with atm
      "You know mother, life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. Your life however is more like a box of ACTIVE GRENADES!"

Comment

on his 3rd piston as it had a habit of shredding the teeth
        Yes, that happens a lot. Twice to mine actually. In repair now. Amazing for the price though. I'd recommend one any day!

Comment

Originally posted by MallusWolf View Post
          Does anyone have any experience with g&g as its the model im siding with atm
          i got the G&G M16A2 brilliant gun mate no problems touch wood
          Originally posted by jonnyhal
          For Sale: very nice heavy springer
          Originally posted by soulflame2
          when it says 'springer' does that mean its a spring powered gun? not a semi auto

Comment

The GR16's are very reliable and are great performers, externals are crap though, maybe worth getting a different receiver for it, but internally it's verrrryyy nice.
            sigpic

Comment

Reposting some advice I gave in my team forum wrt ICS split gearboxes

A bit of info for anyone who has recently bought an ICS gun with a split gearbox, or who has been thinking of getting one.

On the right hand side of your guns upper receiver to the rear of the ejection port is a forward assist button. The effect of pressing this is to shift a lever attached to your anti reversal latch.

The anti reversal latch is a short metal spur that prevents reverse motion of your gear set. It does what it says on the tin.

The engagement of the forward assist button on an ICS M4/M16 releases the anti reversal latch from your bevel gear, this has the knock on effect of allowing any spring tension working on your sector gear to reverse your whole gear set.

You should not, at any point, press your forward assist whilst putting power to your motor.

You can safely use forward assist to releave your spring tension when your battery is disconnected (best not to do it when it is) but you should take note of the following procedure before firing the gun again.

Press forward assist
              Remove the rearmost body pin
              Split open the gun, seperating upper from lower receiver
              Observer the sector gear. It is the gear that connects to your piston teeth
              Move the sector gear to a position where no gear teeth are showing. See Sect 4-6 of your ICS gun manual. You may have to manually pull back the lever to the rear of your gearset to do this easily.
              Re engage the upper and lower receivers together, replace the body pin.

You should do this if you have intentionally engaged the forward assit, or even if you think you have knocked it by accident. If you are careful and take the above into account, you should have no issues with mis aligned sector gears causing damage to your mechbox.
              Originally posted by palmer234
              Swerve talks sense. I like him.
              Originally posted by Robin-Hood
              Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

i have a G&G GR16 pneumatic blowback and it is exceptional for the money. yeah the externals arent amazing but they arent shoddy. Also it is alot easier to customise than an ics as it is tm compatible. Internals are good anyway take 9.6v from stock and has a 6.03 barrel out of the box.
                sigpicLooking for a tk twist 364mm/363mm TBB
                Looking for dark earth magpul ladder rail covers (official or not)

Comment

Look at Z1 website there £115 at the mo:D

Comment

G&G GR's are nice for the price , the only problem is the high ROF on them , It smashed my friends piston head to a pulp >.<
                    Hate.
                    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

I've got the metal ICS but very nearly bought the plastic after holding it. Feels very solid! (check out a review on YouTube from a General Issue shop). Was speaking to the main importer of ICS guns on Saturday about the "forward assist". He said never to use it after firing on full auto as the piston could potentially be at it's forwardmost position. Releasing the tension would mean the piston would fly back, likely causing some damage to the upper gearbox (apologies if my wording is incorrect - talking from memory). Essentially, if you only release the tension after a shot of semi-auto you should have no problems with your upper gearbox breaking or your piston being shredded.

My 2p :-)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MallusWolf Find out more about MallusWolf
                      Working...
                      X