• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sten

I was thinking of getting a Sten but I have never seen one in action

has anyone had any experience with one

Re: Sten

i can only help a little bit,i know a guy who plays regular with one,its an agm one,and its been fine for over 6 months,very basic,but then its supposed to be.ive never heard him say hes had trouble of any kind with it.hope this helps.
    old trader rating link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10627

Comment

You have to use mid or low caps. High caps won't work because the mags are horizontal.
      And they're full-auto only.

Comment

A friend worked on one for another mutual friend a while back... It was probably the worst thing I have ever had the displeasure of holding.

Comment

Love mine, never had a problem with it (18 months old, AGM). Yes it's basic and yes ergonomics of the hand grip aren't at the top of the list, but there is nothing like using one, and using one with low caps just makes you think about your game. Plus there ain't nothing like having 13 mags in a bag over your shoulder.

Comment

There's a custom skeleton stock that's recently become available if you have a lipo fitted.
            Links to the forum have been deleted before, even though it's not competition to Z1, so I can't point you there.

If you have the NiMH in the stock version, you can still fit a lipo, and vice versa.

Comment

Could you PM the link please mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian IWG View Post
                Could you PM the link please mate.
                yes please.

I have pick one up before but it was an early model that had some problems.

What I meant was what how robust are they
                what internals do they take
                how easy are they to get into to service

and to the comment about not being able to use hi caps lets just say i havent tickled the rabbit for years

Comment

Robust wise, I mad a few improvements. I drilled and taped new screw holes where the rear stock ring fits on to the body,stops some wobble. I have cold welded the front heat shield to the barrel ring that fits in the front of the stock then added 2 extra screws through the stock into the rear part of that ring. This gives extra strength when using a sling. I also started replacing the body screws for aesthetics, I've been fitting flat head screws as phillips weren't about for the original. I've not had to take mine fully apart to get to all the internals but it does not seem that hard, well no harder than may FAL. The gear box is a slightly modified M14 box so parts are easily available.
                  From what I understand some people have had trouble using the King Arms Mid caps, they seem to double feed until your down to about 70 rds. Not had this myself as I don't have any but something i have read about elsewhere.

Comment

Out of curiosity, where on earth does the battery go?

Comment

Mine goes in the stock tube, stick battery or I can get a small Lipo in the rear of the receiver tube.

Comment

The originals from VIVA had a lipo in the back end of the receiver tube.
                        AGM copied that initially, then they came up with the NiMH stock tube. The tube of the standard T-stock is slightly larger diameter than the original, and takes a straight stick battery. Be careful, though - some don't fit because of the thickness of wire/ heatshrink.
                        If you buy a second-pattern AGM, you get the best of both. You get the battery stock, but there's still enough room in the receiver for a lipo.
                        However, if you have a lipo fitted one, you can get battery T-stocks.

Ian and Mike: You have PM.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mike1987 Find out more about Mike1987
                        Working...
                        X