Cybergun (CYMA) M1928 Thompson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cybergun (CYMA) M1928 Thompson?

Hello. Just saw this on Z1. £200, full metal, hot FPS and its a Thompson! I saw in a thread last week that the CYMA is better than the TM, and for £200, I can't help myself!

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5782

Just a few questions though.

Does anyone know if the TM/ CYMA stick mags will work OK?

Does anyone know if the foregrip is attached securely and if the barrel will snap if I use a sling!?

And, Has anyone used one? How does it shoot?

Thanks!

Re: Cybergun (CYMA) M1928 Thompson?

well,ive got a g&g m4a1 cqbr from cybergun,and that runs and sound like a beuty,and its pretty solid,although i did drop it and the upper reciver tabs that hold the back of the upper reciever in place broke,but this doesnt effect the gun at all,just doesnt look nice,but ill be buying a new upper reciver soon

Comment

Cool. Any nasty trades? Like the paragraph long Umarex ones?

Comment

what the hell does a G&P have anything to do with a thompson ....

yes the stick mags will work and feed fine as they are the same mags basically ,

also the front wood grip wont snap if you use a sling mate

Comment

Id like info on the cyma thompson also, looking for a second hand one, bloody hard to come by, that says alot in my eyes...
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I know the TM Thompson had the bad barrel problem, and wasn't sure if the forgrip's extra weight and attachment point could make the barrel snap with any strain on it.

Most sites sell these for £250+, when in stock, so I might get one....

Thanks guard.

Comment

I can't comment on the M1928, but I own a M1A1 Thompson by CYMA and it's the business.

yes the trades are a little garish as they are painted on in white, rather than etched, but performance wise, the only issue I've had with it was the fact that it needed a new spring in it as it was shooting 370fps out of the box. Above and beyond that, all I've done is add an ACM wood kit to it and I freekin' love it!

p.s. The Garand Leather sling is now on my M14 and the Thompson has a repro Kerr sling as nature intended.

sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

I WANT ^^^^^^
                sigpic

Comment

Im pretty sure Ive seen the 1928 chicago thompsons with stick mags in, same as Ive seen the norm thompson m1a1s with drum mags. Pretty sure everythings compatible.

Comment

A friend has one of these, they do take the stick mags although they are very stiff to get in and out and the foregrip isnt going anywhere in a hurry. It is held on very securley with no wobbles at all.

Comment

I have both Cymas - an M1A1 and an "M1928"-alike There's no sling mount on the "M1928" fore grip, and a horizontal fore grip from an M1A1 WILL NOT fit.

The front end of the M1A1 is stronger on the Cyma than the TM. I don't know about the "M1928's".

WRT slinging: I use a repro Kerr sling on mine, but ALWAYS sling it butt-up to minimise the risk.
                      I think putting a sling mount on the vertical grip would increase the risk of damaging the barrel joint because it'd have to go on the side.

They will take Marui mags (I have a 190rnd hi-cap), and KA mids need a SMALL amount of sanding. Once fitted, they perform flawlessly. The mag rail system can take some getting used-to, but it's a very solid and secure method of holding the mags in.

Don't get me started on the inaccuracies of the "M1928" frankengun. The ONLY reason I bought one was to use it for parts to make a proper M1928.

Comment

I'm not really bothered by the inaccuracies, except the cocking handle position. I know that their isn't a sling mount on the foregrip, I'm just worried slinging it could snap teh front off. Thanks for all the help!

How do they shoot range and accuracy wise?

Comment

Ive heard the CYMA thompsons shoot even better that the TM ones. This wouldnt surprise me considering the quality of CYMAs latest AKs

Comment

Thats good to hear. I'm stuck between this and a CA CA53 at the moment. Old or Modern....? Hmmmmmmm

Comment

id go thompson mate, im desperate for one but dont like the chicago version, i prefer the ww11 varient, why the want for the chicago may i ask?
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                              Working...
                              X