New Player - MP5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Player - MP5

Hi everyone, I'm new here and also relatively new to airsofting. Having been at my local site three times, I've decided that I love airsofting, although as a full hirer my wallet most definitely doesn't!

Therefore, I've been doing some research into getting a gun which would effectively halve the cost of a game day, paying itself back soon enough...

I'm someone who likes to read a lot of reviews before I buy anything, and also get a few people's opinions. Also, I don't really like the idea of getting anything particularly cheap and/or nasty so I might as well get a good solid gun which my ability will not 'grow out of' soon.

My budget is around £200, give or take. After browsing though the market, I think I'd like to get a nice CA MP5. The ones I've found are the MP5SD5 and the MP5SD6. The only difference between them, as far as I can make out, is the normal stock vs. the retractable.

Firstly - Good choices? If not, any suggestions around the same price?

Ok, between the two - I'm pretty weird in that I'm right handed but left eye dominant. With the hire guns (JG G36C) I found it most comfortable to hold the gun right handed but bring it to my left shoulder. I could also use it on my right shoulder but it wasn't as easy. I also found that I prefered it with the stock folded.

How does the mini battery of the MP5SD6 affect performance? I would normally go for that one due to the retractable stock but I was wondering about the battery...

I want hi caps if possible and I heard TMs are good with this gun.

Any mag recommendations?

Finally;

Are these guns upgradeable with sights etc.? This might be a noob question but do they have a rail to fit a RDS/Holo sight?

Thanks, if you can answer any of these questions your help is greatly appreciated. The world of airsoft guns is so daunting to a new player!

Mark :D

Also, sorry if you answered first time before the thread got deleted - I had skim read the rules and couldn;t check the post through due to the security ticket error. I think it's all fixed now though, happily...
    Last edited by Mark; 27 October, 2010, 10:33. Reason: Formatting to make post clearer

Re: New Player - MP5 - Attempt 2!

Classic army B&T MP5 series are the best of their tier, but is that £200 for the gun and extras? - Or the gun on it's own?

There is a rail claw adapter for the body, so you can use different optics.

Comment

Firstly - Good choices? If not, any suggestions around the same price?
      Classic army mp5, best bet. I personally have a TM MP5, stock there good but not amazing. Mine is upgraded lots and with a classic army b&t mp5 metal body
      How does the mini battery of the MP5SD6 affect performance? I would normally go for that one due to the retractable stock but I was wondering about the battery...
      Mini batteries wont have a lesser performance though they wont last as long

I want hi caps if possible and I heard TMs are good with this gun.
      Probably..
      Any mag recommendations?
      Classic army metal 100rnd mid-cap magazines
      Finally;

Are these guns upgradeable with sights etc.? This might be a noob question but do they have a rail to fit a RDS/Holo sight?
      Indeed so, a claw mount, will cost around £10-15 new.

Comment

Thanks everyone, your help is much appreciated. :D

@TheLazyMarksman £200 for the gun. I'm gonna go slowly, probably pick up the gun and couple of mags, as well as goggles/mask first, hopefully coming to no more than £250.

I'll get camo (army surplus is cheap, though obviousely less choice in sizes/camo patterns) gear later, along with a sidearm once my funds have gone some way to replenishing themselves

Comment

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.....

You got one of your opening statments SOOOOOOOOO wrong....

Halfing the cost of a days skirmishing...PAH...wash your mouth out right now young man...lol

If you are an Airsofter like the rest of us airsofters, you will spend the rest of your skirmishing days skint...lol...What you have actually done is opened the huge barn doors of being able to purchase all the things you have been thinking about over the last few months....Give it a few more months after looking through this and the many more airsoft forums and then tell us you have saved money....

This will enevitably lead to owning more stuff than your nearest airsoft shop...
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

JG G36C use mini batteries so if you use 2 batteries in a day with one of those you know you will need 2 batteries for your MP5 (I always carry a spare with me anyway).
            JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Re: New Player - MP5

Haha midas, what have I got myself in for? :P

I'm pretty screwy in that I'm cross dominant. There are several ways to counter it so I'll have to see which stock works best for me. Thanks for all the tips

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mark Find out more about Mark
              Working...
              X