X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway of quietening a ics m4

Okay my ics is a bit loud for my style of play
    How do I make it quieter ?

What silencer works well with m4 guns and what is the best silencer for making a quieter gun (not to long or too short roughly a medium sized silencer)
    Hit me with any make silencer that works well.
    I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Re: Anyway of quietening a ics m4

Hi mate, I am afraid to say that silencers on AEG's are realy just for show. The only exceptions would be the TM Mac 10 and MP5K, both of which silence well.
    Therefore i would addvise that you insure your ICS's is properly shimmed and the gears are well greased and treat yourself to a TM MK23.

Comment

Gezer, too make your gun silent-er, it's not just a matter of a silencer but sometimes replacing parts in your gun.

Comment

Hit it with a really big hammer, it won't make any noise at all after that! ;-)
        Team Chimera Captain.
        Assaulter/Scout Sniper/General sneaky B***ard!

Armoury:
        TM M14, ICS M4 RIS, KA M4SD, ICS MP5 SD6 (for sale), TM MP5 SWAT, Tanaka M700 (for sale), TM VSR-10, TM Sig P226, TM 1911A1, TM Mk.23 SOCOM.

Comment

I found the long element silencers to actually change the acoustics of the gun, but not make it silent. Definately worked as a noise damper on my Cyma AK though.

If they make them for the M4, a piston damper would probably help, and maybe a quiter motor as well

Comment

Ok can I make it quieter internally (changing parts)
            If so what needs to go and what needs to go in to the gun
            Makes and names would be good thanks

Comment

I think if you dissassembled it then wrapped some kind of foam/ bubblewrap around the motor that would stop some of the sound. I don't know how much room there is inside the reciever though.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDivisionAirsoft View Post
                I think if you dissassembled it then wrapped some kind of foam/ bubblewrap around the gearbox that would stop some of the sound. I don't know how much room there is inside the reciever though.
                Corrected.

Gearbox is in the receiver and motor is generally found in the hand thing.

Comment

I put a King Arms 40x200 large silencer on it and it actually really reduces the sound. The muzzle crack is totally softened.

Comment

there is room in the pistol grip to allow some sort of foam to go in there
                    but need conformation from the experts
                    my worry is could the foam catch fire as its allways warn (and electrical side mite catch fire)
                    thanks

ill look up that silencer

Comment

And your motor could over heat. Wait ICS...Turbo 300....Really hot motor. Yeah just don't wrap the motor.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                      A brain?
                      Originally posted by snuff
                      Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Most of the noise from them ive found comes from the motor.
                        Ive heard people say sportline motors in ICS guns are loud, however ive heard quieter motors in JG guns than the turbo 3000 i have in my M4, saying that though its never botherd me enough to replace it.
                        Silencer wise it will only in my opinion make the motor sound even worse, theyre not that effective, and what they do silence enhances gearbox/motor noise.
                        And as far as wrapping gearbox/motor in anything thats just asking for trouble, not that you could get a rizla between the box an reciever on ICS M4s as im sure with any M4, trying the same around the motor you might aswell just take a lighter to it.

Comment

yeah but someone told me aswell its because of the split gerbox aswell that makes it loud
                          is this true?
                          what motor should i get to make it quieter
                          thanks

Comment

Element high torque or speed or a G&P M120.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                            A brain?
                            Originally posted by snuff
                            Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Yes it maywell to a certain degree be the split box.
                              But trust me ive tried a few silencers on mine and in all honesty yes they do make a marginal difference, but then you hear the motor even more.
                              As far as what motor is best for replacment, like i say it never botherd me enough to look into replacment but im sure one of the techies can advise on a good motor.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gezer love airsoft and getting to know everything about it as a sport and the great friends that we meet. Find out more about gezer
                              Working...
                              X