Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specter modular system

Just seen these online,

Has anyone got any experience with them?

It seems like a good idea to sell the uppers seperately, are they compatible with lower receivers of other brands?

If they are of decent quality and fit i might consider getting one of the uppers to fit my G&P M4
    TM/G&P MK14 Mod 0, G&P SR16 URX Shorty, TM Glock 18c GBB, DE L128A1

Re: Specter modular system

Ive seen these on a*****t armoury, but they are due 10/11/2010 acording to the website. Thought about one myself for my g&p.

Comment

I might contact the retailer as they also sell G&P's

Comment

The uppers seem overpriced for just being a barrel, hop and RAS of various configuration but the lowers might be a good deal if the GB and motor are up to CA/G&P quality.

EDIT: I would imagine that due to the lowers being standard V2 that the uppers would be fully TM compatible.

Comment

Having spoke to to some people they believe these are made or helped by VFC, kind of like how avalon is to VFC, early VFC version 2 boxes sucked but these are apparently a huge improvement and are on par if not better than G&P...
          Granted the upper receivers are quite pricey but you pay for what you get, pay less get less... You know how it goes... I'm popping up this certain place on saturday so I'll have a little butchers and let you all know how they fair up to the G&P rifles

Chris how do you mean the upper reciever will be TM compatible?... You mean attaching a TM upper to their lower?... If so you'll probably find they are only compatible with their own stuff which would make sense but like I said I'll have a play Saturday to see what's what

Sleepy
          Last edited by Sleepy.UK; 2 November, 2010, 14:45.

Comment

Sorry for the double post, just found some more info... Bot sure where VFC fit into this but I'll find out

“Latest release from Action Sports Games, with newly licensed system from Yankee Hill Machine Co. Inc., which is expected to be available by the 1st of October 2010. I was expecting the Diamond Specter, but this will do as it allows you to convert the airsoft weapon depending on the environment you are operating in. According to the product brochure... "The Specter Modular Weapon Systems is the first truly flexible modular system for Airsoft rifles. The Yankee Hill Machine Co., Inc. (YHM) licensed system is made and distributed by ActionSportGames®, Denmark.

The Specter Modular Weapon Systems gives Airsoft players the flexibility to customize their AEG’s to fit any type of game – be it CQB, Speedball or long-range sniper games. By simply changing the upper receiver, players can customize their AEG’s enabling them to play with their preferred type of AEG in every game – taking the game to a whole new level."”

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy.UK View Post
              Chris how do you mean the upper reciever will be TM compatible?... You mean attaching a TM upper to their lower?... If so you'll probably find they are only compatible with their own stuff which would make sense but like I said I'll have a play Saturday to see what's what
              Well I don't know for sure as dimensions could be slightly different but judging by the lowers looking exactly like a standard V2 as opposed to an ICS split GB or something particularly proprietary and with the product's push for modularity it'd make sense for them to at least attempt to be compatible with the most widely-available style of AR15 around. Upper or Lower.

Comment

I see where you're coming from... Way I see it is they have launched it as the "modular" system, I think it'll only be compatible with their own gear as that's how they aim to make more of the old $$$... It would be nice if G&P were compatible... I'll see on Saturday... Had a flick through their online brochure pdf and the trades etc all look smart too ... I'm trying to slim my collection do this will be ideal for quick changing uppers for different scenarios etc

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy.UK View Post
                  I'm popping up this certain place on saturday so I'll have a little butchers and let you all know how they fair up to the G&P rifles
                  Brill, would like to know.

If the uppers are of similar quality to G&P/VFC then they arent that pricey

Comment

Did anyone go up to the retailer?

On their website its still saying out of stock

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

middo85 Find out more about middo85
                    Working...
                    X