G&P M4 Tank or M4 Sentry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P M4 Tank or M4 Sentry

I have been shopping about the place and im down to two final ones.

Now at the tank price it gives me enough to make it like this..

But then again I can afford to get this..

retailer pic removed

Im umming and Ahhhing over the both of them. How easy is it to change the flashhider part of the Tank? What battery size that isnt a Lipo can fit in a Magpul PTS MOE stock etc etc.

Any opinions?
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 3 November, 2010, 08:38. Reason: as above
    Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Re: G&P M4 TANK or M4 SENTRY

Where do you predominately play? The sentry is a good all-rounder, but if you don't play in woodland or already have something for that, then the tank would be a better choice for CQB.

I'd go for the sentry, purely because of it's multi-role. It can do both CQB (with a lower powered spring) and woodland. I've never fired a tank, but I'd imagine it's accuracy over range wouldn't make it a good contender for woodland.
    sigpic

Comment

go with the sentry like greedo sais you will get allot more use from it also im not sure if a any normal battery goes in one of those magpull stocks

Comment

Go with the Sentry, far better looking and more suited to multiple roles.
        IIRC, the tank flash hider unit is also the gas/end block for the entire front end, so to remove it, you have to fit a new gas block.
        Besides the tank is made pretty much because of that flash hider, defeats the purpose if you're gonna remove it

Comment

It was only I'n terms of if I could remove it easily.

Okay a further one....

Sentry or SR16 URX?

I'm just indecisive lol.

Comment

whichever comes up for sale first? I was after a sentry, but broadened my search to any G&P M4 that I liked the look of. Decent ones that aren't being offered at silly money aren't all that common - I wasn't prepared to pay the same or more for one that was second hand, which seems to be a the going trend...
            sigpic

Comment

I had a sentry and it was really nice,good ROF and external is excellent
              I will shoot you all.

Comment

Jus to add, the sentry barrel is only a few inches more than the tank, It was easily shootin as far when I shot them side by side.

Also, the tank flash hider comes off very easily, and there is an adaptor you take off, revealing a 14mm pos thread for flash hiders or silencers.

Hope this helps a little

Comment

I have a tank, its great easily got enough range for woodland and a bonus for cqb.

Comment

Personally i'd go for the sentry every time. Far better suited to multiple roles like people have said, also, if you get a tank, don't whore it out to magpul

Comment

If they were the same price what about the G&P SR16 URX?

Comment

If they are the same price, I'd pick the one you like the look of best!

I've got a Sentry, and I find it's an ideal mutli role weapon. Good range & ROF, short enough to be a good CQB/FIBUA tool. To be honest, I don't think you'd go far wrong with either. Pick the one you like the most
                        Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Comment

I had a fighting cat, the one I wanted was the tank with the coat hanger back end, but hey ho.

I fitted a tightbore and an ultimate tracer hop and I wouldn't think there was any significant difference in effective shooting range, to other longer aeg's.

If you are looking for a high speed set up, the fighting cat came with the factory fitted G and P short stroke sector gear and piston set, so all the fiddly stuff is done for you.

They both look good, so really it is down to your choice as many people have said.
                          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Mate,

Ive got a magpul sentry and a tank. They are both awesome and both do woodland and cqb really well. The tank has the same range as the sentry despite it's shorter barrel.

I run them on .2's and the tank fires at 297fps straight out the box, the sentry is doing 347. There is no noticeable difference between them in range or accuracy.

No normal size batt will fit in the magpul stock. I have crane stocks on mine and run 9.6v g&p batts,2200 mah and they have never gone flat on me during a game. I will get some lipos when I can be arsed to get a better charger but that'll be after chrimbo.

You won't regret either choice mate both look great and fire great. The tank front end though is awesome and i love the look. If you have any thoughts of fitting an M203 though it won't fit on the tank. Just a thought.

Good luck with your choice .

Comment

Decided to go for the G&P SR16 URX Shorty. All the pro's of the Sentry size and length but without the tartiness in the end I did like the Sentry but the more I looked at it the more I knew it wouldnt fit my loadout at all.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Withard Find out more about Withard
                              Working...
                              X