Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which internals?

Hi all,

I have a g&p m4a1, and it is completely stock apart from the stock abnd handguard and basically I'm aftrr to re-kit the internals.
    I realise that g&p make good guns but I have about £175 to spend on upgrading it. I'm trying to make a DMR setup but im clueless when it comes to imternals.
    So I was wondering if you guys could give me a list of suggested parts to get for it?
    I'm assuming tightbores and hopups will be on the list but thats a guess,

I hope someone hasc a goodv idea of what to upgrade etc as I'm clueless

Thanks
    M556
    Oh and I will.get the parts professionally.fitted so o don't c**k up

Re: which internals?

What kind of FPS you looking to take it to, and will you be locking it semi auto?

Comment

It has to be 350 or under at my sight, and I'm not sure about semi only- is there any point to it?
      I'd only use semi but.my sights FPS is the same for semi only and.any aeg

Comment

Some sites allow you to crank up the Fps ifyou lock it to semi, however if yours doesn't there not much point.

Personally I'd advise upgrading the hop (the whole thing) as the G&P ones are pants. After that, a tightbore barrel will do you the world a good.

So my advice:

Systema hop chamber
        Systema/TM/Guarder clear rubber and nub
        Madbull 6.03 tightbore barrel.

The G&P gearboxes are already fantastic, you could go for some airseal/cylinder upgrades for airflow consistancy but it probably won't be worth the money.

Comment

As per above really, G&P has seen me well recently.

Can't fault the gearbox, consistent 285 to 287 fps over a number of shots. That is with a SP90 spring, which should be 310 - 320. The airseal on the gearbox itself is perfect, therefore the hop (which I've just replaced with the Madbull Ultimate one) I assume was leaking albeit in a consistent way, lol.

Comment

Well if you want to DMR it....

PDI 6.01mm or perhaps an EDGI if you can find one. Otherwise, the Madbull isn't bad either, in 6.01 flavour.

The PDI would take that budget up, mostly, however if you opt for the other (MB) then you'll have a few spare bob, and I'd recommend the following:-

Madbull Ultimate Hop Unit OR Prometheus Hop with Neo Strike Arm (£35/ £55)
            Firefly Soft bucking (£~15)
            Firefly nub. (£~7)

Many people have complained that a 6.01mm means more jams... In truth that's not the case, just make sure you buy a fresh bag of good quality bb's and don't re-use any! (hehe). It does mean more maintenance, but then again, a good airsofter will clean their barrels every skirmish.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Marksman556 Find out more about Marksman556
            Working...
            X