Most you would pay for this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most you would pay for this?

Looking into buying an M4 and i saw this tasty find a G&P M4 carbine but with:
    G&P metal M4/M16 style Magpul/VLTOR aeg body (Upper is VLTOR lower magpul)
    3x130 midcaps, Classic army dual mag clamp, Classic Army 'Troy' style flip up front and rear sights, Magpul single point ambidextrous sling mount, speed loaders 100rd x2 a universal smart charger and a tenergy 1600 mAh 9.6v twin stick battery and a bungie sling. Thing is it has no gearbox but the rest is complete so throw in a gearbox and i'm set. Im not sure if it was a 7mm or 8mm stock gearbox but it will accept both right? (bit of a noob) so whats the max you would pay without the gearbox? thanks
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Re: Most you would pay for this?

Is everything else definitely there? Motor, hop unit, barrel etc?

To be honest I'd not be looking to spend that much. G&P is a nice weapon with good 2nd hand value, not the kind of thing you rob a gearbox from usually! I'd be worried there was something not quite right there!

As a package with gearbox, you'd be looking at £250 area. Without the gearbox, I'd personally not want to go much more than £175, maybe less!

Comment

Yeah definately less imo, 125-40, i see the gearbox as obviously an integral part, g&p being a very good gearbox too so i wouldnt want to pay too
      Much then have to whack a piece of poop in a nice gun. Put it this way, would you drop a fiesta engine in an rs turbo shell?
      sigpic

Comment

Just bare in mind what gearbox you wanna run in it then calculate what you wanna offer the guy, failing that being a noob as you state yourself, buy a whole gun
        sigpic

Comment

I was thinking that maybe too.

Basically the G&P is decent because of the motor, gearbox and body.

Not a massive fan of the hop unit, the barrel is average. So really you only buying the shell and M120 motor for your troubles.

Comment

hmmmm.personally i would buy a complete gun that you can test first,then you can get to the fun part,playing,quicker,without fiddling about with a load of parts that might not like each other.if you calculate the expense,it'll more and likely cost more than a new gun by the time you've finished.just my tuppence!!
            old trader rating link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10627

Comment

I've got the price of the gearbox (G&P 8mm) and that will be 70 pounds so looking to spend no more than 140 on the shell making it 210.
              Originally posted by Tiercel
              I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Comment

For £210 you can get a nice second hand (WORKING!!!) gun that's been slightly upgraded.

Why is someone selling a useless gun? Its not to do you a favour. What will you do it you find it doesn't work when you put in the other parts? You'll have a £210 paper weight.

Buy a working gun that you can test - or use the Escrow service to get ZeroOne to check it works - that's what I did when I bought my JG Bar 10.

Maybe its a good deal but if you are a 'noob' as you call yourself do you really know enough to fix it if it doesn't work?

Comment

£210 ain't a bad price to make a whole G&P M4 to be honest...

Comment

Although £210 is actually quite close to retail. Get a new one. None of the aggro of fitting parts or paying someone to do it. Coming with warranty, you also have peace of mind that anything wrong with it and it gets sorted for you.
                    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Where you getting yours from? Best I seen for the Sentry for example is £299. Then other models going right up to near enough £400!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nadrian Find out more about Nadrian
                      Working...
                      X