6p torch upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6p torch upgrade

so i just got my superfire torch but i want it to be brighter its currently at 250 lumens and it lights up my garden just but i was thinking about upgrading to put out 900 lumens but would that be too bright for airsoft if so i would just get a 380 lumen bulb which costs £10 instead of £45

if i also paid an extra £20 i could push out 1000 LUMENS!!!!!!

ps my garden is tiny.

Re: 6p torch upgrade

I didn't know you could simply change the bulb to give it more lumens. My current ultrafire is at about 290 but it has been very weak as of late due to the a reason I only found out yesterday. The battery was dead/dying. new battery in, lots o' light comes out.
    The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

yer to get 900-1000 lumens all you need is the bulb £25-£45 then different batteries which do fit in .

all together i could get it running 900 for £45 or i might just go on flea bay and get a cheap 380 lumens bulb £10

Comment

Be careful

Higher output emitters also generally meaner higher heat. The torch can get very hot if it isn't designed to dispate the heat with fins etc.

I have seen skin burns because of this
        Originally posted by palmer234
        Swerve talks sense. I like him.
        Originally posted by Robin-Hood
        Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

oh well its going to be mounted on a gun so i will make some heat sheilds if its hot
          so will 900 lumens be too bright ?

thanks for the warning

Comment

It depends whether it's got a good flood. If it hasn't then all you will get is a very bright "spot"

There is more to this torch lark than just putting in a new emitter
            Originally posted by palmer234
            Swerve talks sense. I like him.
            Originally posted by Robin-Hood
            Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

yer i know that its got good flood but i have sorced someone in the US who makes custom lens so i might be getting a pair of them

also the 1000 lumens set comes with a better siver cone thing for the inside

already it has a good flood with a good sized intense spot

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SAS Scott Pure petrol head who is also crazy about airsoft. Find out more about SAS Scott
              Working...
              X