Which shotgun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which shotgun?

A nice change from the usual AK threads but anyhow, I was wondering which Shotgun would be best out of these choices, but if you know one that would be better, feel free to say!

ACM M500 Gas powered 6mm (also if anyone has a comparrison between it and a marushin version)
    Double Eagle M47 I have seen that these have crazy ranges but obviously only one shot at a time
    Tokyo Marui trishot shotgun series

I currently own a Double eagle M56 tri shot and would like another shotgun to compliment/possibly replace it.
    Does the gas m500 suffer in the cold greatly? or is it less of a problem due to it being non blowback.
    Also for all of them, what sort of ranges would i get and how accurate would they be? This is a sidearm as i just don't feel right using a pistol.

THANKS!
    www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Re: Which shotgun?

The DE M47 is surprisingly accurate, but feel tacky and plasticy, i'd go with a TM tri shotty over a gas one any day, so much more reliable.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah i can see your point.. It's a shame there are hardly any shotguns out there tbh :-(

Comment

G&P M870. Any time. May only be single shot, but short of a Shell Ejecting Tanaka theyre the best feeling shotguns out there. Pretty accurate too, only downside is the single shot.
        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Are the g&ps just not maruzen ones with custom bodies?

Comment

My view is the tm m3 shorty. It's the t*ts mate. Small enough to be able to use in strict cqb, 3 shot and the range is really good, alot more then you'd ever expect for a shotgun. The shells are really neat and tidy in the gun also, personally, I love it. As it's a medium strengh to cock it but a rubberised grip so it's not pants to cock it with your hands coming off.

Comment

Gas every time. The ACM ones can leak to begin with, but all you need to do is loosen the valve stem a fraction and they hold gas for weeks. My old one used to work perfectly in the cold.

They are so much easier to use than the shell based ones as there is no spring to compress, making them as easy to cock and fire as a real shotgun.

The noise is great, as is the little puff of gas when you fire it. People have surrendered playing CQB when they've heard me rack the slide outside a room.

Plus, full metal goodness!
              sigpic

Comment

ACM M500 Gas powered 6mm (also if anyone has a comparrison between it and a marushin version)

ACM by far, the Marushin (which i also own) is as you'd expect better quality, in terms of feel and look, and the cocking grip doesnt rattle as much. but overall... its not worth the money in my opinion, not when you can get an ACM M500 for less than half the price.

i've had four ACM's in the past, all varying models and coloures and everytime i sell one i just end up with another. The sound when you cock it is superb, (the metal on metal clickity clack) and the range is on par with the Marushin, its an average of 5shots per pull of the trigger, somtimes 4, but that rarely happends, and even if it does if you're room clearing it doesn't matter the spread is FANTASTIC in CQB/mid range, not enough to all the rounds to go haywire and off target. but also not enough for them to be bang on a single target.

the ACM (and marushin) is one heck of a solid piece of kit, i've heard alot of people complain about the cocking arms breaking ect but after three years of shotgun love i've never once had that problem and i'm not someone who bubblewraps my guns when i go 'softing.

gas is brilliant aswell in my opinion. no matter the temp i'm always getting 20+shots off with green. still use it in skirmishing now even though its winter, the only issue i've ever had with them if is you somehow manage to double cock it (if you dont cock it all the way then cock it again), the BB's get jammed a little poke with an unjamming rod or a good smack (literally) is all you need, from my experience and you're back to it.

long review-ish i know. from my experience as a shotgun lover :P that's my take on the ACM.

hope that helps. I'm sure they'll be someone to contest my opinion soon enough.

Comment

When you say loosen the stem, which bit do you mean? (still getting used to gas guns)

And also, what other things would need replacing? I have heard things about the charging arms snapping?

Comment

as in my above post, i've also heard such rumours but to be honest, unless you're cocking it with a sledgehammer you'll be fine.

i've never had that issue once with my shotguns and as i say above i dont fanny around with my guns they get broken regularly :P lol

as for the gas stem, i've never had that issue either. however i do tend to lube them up every month, just a quick bang of silicon oil. to keep them going.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbath View Post
                      When you say loosen the stem, which bit do you mean? (still getting used to gas guns)

And also, what other things would need replacing? I have heard things about the charging arms snapping?
                      Charging arms can be an issue, but as above I never had any problems.

The stem is the centre part of the valve and the o-rings fit around it to keep the valve closed. On the ACM, the stem is a fraction of a mil too long, so fully tightening them produces a slight leak. Fixing it takes a matter of minutes, a screwdriver and a pair of pliers.
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sabbath I just love Black Sabbath :) Find out more about Sabbath
                      Working...
                      X