MG36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG36

I'm quite fascinated by this rifle mainly due to its aesthetic looks. The only problem is im not sure how to do it, buy the SRC MG36 and then upgrade it internally to make it better, or buy a higher end G36 for example a TM one and then add all the necessary external body parts.
    If anyone could help tell me what is the better thing to do, and as far as upgrades go for the G36, whats the best stuff to put in there which will make the rifle have good, accuracy, power, and range.
    Any help is muchly appreciated seems ive never touched any form of G36 in airsoft yet!

Re: MG36

The GEN III SRC ones are fantastic out of the box, I'd say it's your best starting point. Take it to a few games, see if anything needs changing but no point upgrading out of the box really. Upgrades-wise, you shouldn't need more than a tightbore and hob rubber change, and perhaps a switch to LiPo for higher ROF

Comment

The great thing about support guns is that ROF isnt too important. SRC Gen 3 MG36s are good...id go with one of them, and if need be buy a nice hop and hop rubber, maybe a tightbore and your done.

I personally wouldnt buy the MG36 conversion kits....theyre so rediculously expensive for what they actually are.

Comment

Yep i can mirror the above, although i can't speak first hand, the reviews on them are raving. However if you could find a jing gong varient either on here or in the UK, they are a good budget choice. I built my marui one from a 36c and it cost more than the rifle did by the time i had got all the parts, but that was before the days of ACM LOL, all told i think it came to about £650 including the gun itself.
        Current armoury

ICS L86 A2 LSW - CYMA AIM's - C.A. MP5 A3 - C.A. HK 33 K - J.G. G36 KSK - G&P L119 A1 - C.A. HK 53 - STAR FNC Para -CYMA Galil SAR - Real sword Type 56 - T.M. Sig P226 - KSC USP Compact - KSC HK USP 45 - KSC Glock 19 -

Comment

I bought an SRC Gen II MG36 last year out of the box I thought it was great, so can only imagine the Gen III are even better now! The range and grouping were suprisingly good, not saying they were uber leet but for the price it was a very quality buy. I dont think you would be dissapointed with it as stock for the time being like.

The only thing I found was the Box Mag was utter pants, unless you kept giving it a good shake every 30secs or so it wouldnt feed, so my advice would be to buy the G36E, same gun just no box mag, and buy a better quality mag for it!

Unless Gen III includes better mags with it, this im unsure of! But deffo dont recommend SRC drum mag that came with mine.

Hope that helps

Comment

SRC G36 mags in general don't have a good rep. The guns though are very solid.
            sigpic

Comment

Okay, where can i look for a gen 3 MG36? They here on zero in? And is there a way of mounting a silencer onto the SRC gen 3 MG36, i love the aesthetic looks of a silencer, and i know they wont work with silencing the gun, what tight bore would people also reccommend?

Comment

Honestly folks... why would you put a TB in a support weapon?! its supposed to keep heads down, not deliver 2500rounds of pin-point accuracy....

If people are sticking TB in their MG's i'm going to leave off the Midcaps and buy a boxmag for each of my guns. :P

Comment

I can understand your want of more accuracy. - a smaller spread but conversely you don't want that.

As DX said - it's meant to keep heads down to suppress and allow others to move up.

Other wise it's just a g36 with a big mag?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dxnib1 View Post
                    Honestly folks... why would you put a TB in a support weapon?! its supposed to keep heads down, not deliver 2500rounds of pin-point accuracy....

If people are sticking TB in their MG's i'm going to leave off the Midcaps and buy a boxmag for each of my guns. :P
                    yes but the thing that mainly keeps peoples heads down is the sound of the MG36.

Also if people see BBs flying just about anywhere people will be more confident to stick their heads up and take a shot. Better to have your BBs flying over their heads in a steady, accurate line. Creates more cautiousness and fear

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                      yes but the thing that mainly keeps peoples heads down is the sound of the MG36.

Also if people see BBs flying just about anywhere people will be more confident to stick their heads up and take a shot. Better to have your BBs flying over their heads in a steady, accurate line. Creates more cautiousness and fear
                      Pft...

The spread of a standard MG (M249 ect) is no different to any other standard AEG, Thus without being pinpoint accurate (like having a 6.01 barrel) makes very little difference really. on a human sized target you're going to hit it, either by the accuracy of the gun as standard/stock or by the sheer volume of rounds going down range.

This wouldn't work. on a single target yes, however its hard to suppress an entire squad/group with a line of BB's from a tight bore barrel. so ultimately while you're shooting at just one person there's everyone else shooting at you. with a standard barrel you're going to get a spread which increase's the supressive area, thus suppressing more people in that area.

basing the AEG MG's on the principles on the Real-steal its not about hitting the target/s but to suppress and limit incoming fire from said target/s. allowing other elements to surround/flank, move in on and ultimately eliminate the threat.

as for the sound, there's no difference with sound in an Mg36 from any other g36 and essentually any other AEG unless you have an added blowback feature which tends to make a gun sound less like a regular AEG.

what you're essentually promoting is box mags for every weapon, i've 6.01TB barrels with full internal works in atleast 7 of my AEG's, lets face it; people would complain if i turned up with 2000+round box mags in my accurate as can be AEG's. would they not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

What sound though? it sounds like any other AEG

The idea is a support weapon, your not the accurate gunner, you are a "sprayer" that covers an area

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Seb Brady Military Historian Find out more about Seb Brady
                        Working...
                        X